Pope John Paul

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmhand":1eix8gqw said:
I agree that some Catholic priests have done wrong. Just as I am sure other religions have the same problem. ALL of them are just mortal beings after all. I am not sure why we only hear of the cases involving Catholics though. Don't all religions claim to be teaching about God? So why does only Catholic abuse make the news? As to the Pope handing them over to the law - the victim has to go to the law first. You can not be imprisoned without a victim. Then you have to be proven guilty. If this system was not in place, then I could haul you into jail and lie about something you did and have you locked up for life or get you the death penalty atomatically. No trial, no evidence, no proof. I am still amazed at how many cases are from over 40 YEARS ago and they didn't come out until others were awarded money. And the victims still did not go to the police for punishment for those priests - they just wanted money from the church. People want the Pope to punish these priests but it sounds like nothing short of death will be considered enough punishment. The Pope is not the law so he can not imprison them - that is considered kidnapping. He can not kill them - that is considered murder. People do not want the Pope to be thought of as anything but a man. Then he can not do anything more than you or me. If the victims had gone to the police when it happened, the priests would have been arrested. Rape victims are not atomatically believed when they go to the police. They are put through hospital exams, have to give testimony over and over, attempts at finding witnesses are made, court dates, etc. The one committing the crime is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty. Once proven guilty, they go on a registered sex offender list but are allowed out in public to possibly offend again. They are not locked up for life or put to death. Why so different for a Catholic priest? Just because someone says it happened to them, now people want them locked up forever with no proof of it being true.
As to the media coverage - I agree but it happens anytime a leader dies. I just don't recall people screaming about it when Reagan passed away. I also didn't like the CONSTANT war coverage either. Update us, yes - constant coverage, no. The coverage of the Pope's passing will stop though and you will not here anymore of it again. Wish I could say the same about all the media coverage of sports. Do we really need to televise every game? From about 11:00 on, all day Sunday, all the public channels play nothing but sports. Has been like that for years - not just days. Now that's worth screaming about.
I just find it annoying that people would not be as upset if any of these things would have happened anywhere else.
Well, I'll quit for now. Sorry so long winded.

Thank you farmhand. Its nice to know there are some level minded people out there.

Oh - I see! Since I don't agree with you I am not level minded? Well that's good, I like to think out of the box and have my own opinions and not believe just what some person(s) tells me too. :D

sidney411":wv9y20hr said:
Oh - I see! Since I don't agree with you I am not level minded? Well that's good, I like to think out of the box and have my own opinions and not believe just what some person(s) tells me too. :D

I don't recall stating your name in my post??? Get over it I was not talking about anyone in particular. It was just a "generalized" statement. Look to yourself if you feel guilty.

Never did I say I felt guilty - I see no need to. It's quite obvious to me that your post was directed to anyone who doesn't see things the way you do. One of which is me - so therefore I deducted that you must think I (and any other person that thinks differently then you) are not levelheaded. Am I not understanding you?

Latest posts