Pope John Paul

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
Things are not looking to good for the Pope right now. We all sould be saying a little prayer for him, Catholic or not.

My wife just e-mailed and said he died. Not sure where she heard, maybe TV or Radio. May God have mercy on his soul.

By the time we all watch all the services that will take place in the coming days, we'll probably thing that President Reagan's Funeral was quite modest.

He may have already gone but as of right now the Vatican has not made any announcements.

I heard on the radio that it was reported by the Italian newsservice at around 1:45 pm CST. Same station at 2pm said that he hadn't died yet.

dun

Last I heard he still hadn't died. The news station that I saw it on said that we wasn't really expected to die but it was still possible. I hope he gets well and even better than before.

Cattle Rack Rancher":30oln7bv said:
Last report I heard said they thought his death was eminent.
4:45 CT. Just reported that he could go on living for several hrs or more. His kidneys are failing and his heart 's failing.

Although i am not catholic and may not have agreed with all of his beliefs, the man did indeed serve God well....i have watched him since he came to his position and he has always been gentle, unassuming and for the "little people"...the world will indeed be a sorry place without his kindness, love and devotion....sorta like mother theresa when she left us!! :cry: :cry: i guess god just needs another good angel in heaven and Pope John Paul is next in line...heaven is truly lucky!!

txshowmom":zwo7oekl said:
Things are not looking to good for the Pope right now. We all sould be saying a little prayer for him, Catholic or not.
I've been gnawing my tongue on this one, but I finally give up. I never have been too good at sugar-coating stuff. Guess there's no reason to change now.....

The Catholic Church is one of the oldest corporations in the world. In terms of cash flow, I expect that most of us would be astonished at just how large they really are. For some reason, Catholics seem to put the Pope on a pedestal that I was always taught is reserved for God. Sometimes it seems as if they worship the Pope, instead of God. I don't understand that.

But there is something that I do understand. Remember I spoke of corporations? When Enron folded, people demanded that Ken Lay's head roll. With Worldcom, the same outrage and demands for justice all the way to the top. Well, in my book, some employees of the Catholic Church are guilty of things a helluva lot worse than financial dirty dealing! And I'm not gonna ignore it just because of the condition the Pope is in. The Pope who could have been proactive in being part of the solution. The Pope who should have been proactive in being part of the solution!

The rampant child abuse perpetrated by "men" who held positions of trust in the Catholic Church went on for decades! The cover-ups went to the highest levels of the Church. I find it almost impossible to believe that the Pope had not a clue. Yet, I can't recall any public condemnation of these acts, or the perpetrators. Reassignments? Sure. New batch of kiddos! Settlements? Yep. Take money from the collection plate, put there by hard-working parishoners. Hush money. Just pass the plate. These cover-ups went to the highest levels of the Catholic Church! The Pope was clueless?

I know that if somebody working for me screws up, it doesn't matter whether I participated, or even knew about it. The buck stops here! And I can't pass the plate to pay for the cover-up, or just ignore it and make it go away! In our culture, the guy at the top takes the credit for all the good, but he also has to take the responsibility for the things that go wrong. Has the Pope done that? You guys can say your prayers for the Pope--just save some for all of the young lives destroyed. Trusting, innocent little kids destroyed by "men" who worked for the Pope! "Men" who should have answered to the Pope.

Texan-I was raised in the Catholic church,but now attend the Methodist church. I'm sorry that the Pope is in a bad way,but I am sorrier to say that your post hits the nail square on the head. The total refusal to deal with this problem makes me want to puke. Some say it's only a few bad ones-fine,lock the bastards up and throw away the key. The idea that these people were shuffled around to other places to find new targets among the ones least able to defend themselves is as unforgivable to me as the crime that was comitted to begin with.

Very well put Texan just another preacher that people worship, never understood it myself. I kneel before God but for no man.
Again you are right on as it is one heck of a corparation, I read somewhere they were one of the largest land owners in the world.

since we are on a soap box here, Avera Queen of Peace hospitals in SD, owned by the Catholic church. Pay NO taxes, land or otherwise, yet charge patients $6.00 for a bandaid.

I grew up a Southern Baptist (left as soon as I had wheels...). Then was Episcopal, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic. Don't attend any this point in time... just believe in God. Don't need a "church" to be a "good and/or nice" person...

On the other hand, The RC and the Pope were seriously too lenient on the child abusing sicko priests! Should have canned those jerks ASAP! Big cover-up, I think. Pope(s) (who thinks he/they is/are God (or) next in command) are/were in extreme denial, etc., "Hear--Speak--See No Evil". The Popes are always advocating worldly peace, be nice to others, anti-free choice, etc. Yet, when they have trash in their kitchen, they tend to look the other way.

Popes, like all humans, are mortal. Humans are born, live, and die. He is dying. Hope they find another one who is more in tune with the World and real life times and events. Enough said.

Running Arrow Bill":b42oyhbb said:
I grew up a Southern Baptist (left as soon as I had wheels...). Then was Episcopal, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic. Don't attend any this point in time... just believe in God. Don't need a "church" to be a "good and/or nice" person...

On the other hand, The RC and the Pope were seriously too lenient on the child abusing sicko priests! Should have canned those jerks ASAP! Big cover-up, I think. Pope(s) (who thinks he/they is/are God (or) next in command) are/were in extreme denial, etc., "Hear--Speak--See No Evil". The Popes are always advocating worldly peace, be nice to others, anti-free choice, etc. Yet, when they have trash in their kitchen, they tend to look the other way.

Popes, like all humans, are mortal. Humans are born, live, and die. He is dying. Hope they find another one who is more in tune with the World and real life times and events. Enough said.

I think the bible gives advice to people who look the other way about their own problems but want to "help" everyone else with their problems.

Matthew 7:5 (King James Version)

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

;-)

Texan and Campground, I agree 100 % with you. The pope is worshipped as though he were God and the Catholic church is indeed a HUGE money making machine. None the less he was a man of the cloth and made the world a better place. He might have made better choices regarding sexual abuse among priests but as any leader of his capacity some times the proper decisions are not made.

The pedophilia cases will be the historical black mark on his papacy. There is zero excuse for that in any situation, much less the church. Has anybody read Windswept House by Father Malachi Martin? Besides being a superbly written book it will really make you think. Martin knew the truth and he faced it. Before all the disgraceful priests became a big story.

Craig-TX

Latest posts