Poor start to the week

Help Support CattleToday:

chorewife

Reaction score
Saturday morning my husband and I went a picked up the new herd of 25 heifers. Had them AI'ed on Thursday. So we loaded them up and drove the 50 miles home. While checking them and just spending time with them in the pasture I notice one girl with her tongue out a little, didn't think much of it and put it off to the fact it was hot and humid out. Well I told my Husband Sunday something is wrong and said again she is just hot. Well Monday she was doing the same thing and drooling like crazy, so I loaded her up and we went to the vet this morning. Well she has a broken mandible. :( poor girl I wish I could fix her but she is at the butcher now. Just one of those things that happens I guess. She must have gotten kicked in the trailer. :cry:

So sorry... We had a horse, one we got out of a long AI process, break his. It was another long process, like a year, to get it totally healed. You'd think he'd be scared and disfigured, but nope cant even tell...

So very sorry. Sounds like something that would happen to one of mine. Good luck with the others.

pdfangus that was the first question the vet asked me this morning. "what type of chute/ head caught did they use?" Well I looked at him and said the same your using now, a Silencer. We called the guy we bought them from and asked if he had noticed anything strange with her that morning and he said no. I trust what he says is true cause he helped us out on the feeding them for an extra month and AIing them with out much more cost on top of buying the heifers.

Latest posts