Poor Son

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Today was his first driving schedule with his drivers ed class.

I dropped him off at the school at 4pm and picked him up after 7pm. It had not been a good experience for him.
Now he has been driving since he was 10 so he was no problem other then the instructor telling him he had to go 35 mph when going from the highway to gravel. Of course he has to state that Mom hits it at 50mph. Thanks kid. :lol2:

Well the 2 kids with him have about zero driving experience.
The first kid discovered that the brakes do work well, but slamming on them at an intersection with 2 other cars behind you is not a good idea. Almost hitting a friend of ours rare classic corvette is also a big no no. Trying to drive the car with everyone in off of an embankment is also not a good idea. Son told me to go look for the skid marks.
Luckily the instructor had the brake on his side because the kid hit the gas instead.

The second kid missed hitting several parked cars in town and was not paying attention and almost missed the parking lot entrance he was suppose to turn into and park. He drove 60 mph the whole way.

I did ask my son after hearing all about it if he had to change his shorts. He said almost Mom almost.

I took driver's ed at school too back in the late '70s.

Here in Tennessee it isn't offered so you either teach them yourself or pay for a driving school to do the job. I have boy-girl twins and getting them both trained and road ready was quite an adventure. They are both 19 now and I'm sure glad to have that behind me.

I know becoming a parent makes you realize you will always worry about your child. But when they begin driving, that mental burden increases ten-fold. For a parent, I think it's the scariest part of having your kid grow up.

I have a friend that is teaching her son how to drive and she said that she has worn a hole through the floor where her imaginary break is . :shock:

My niece just got her learners so she will be wanting to learn soon. The thought of her driving scares me too, but I would rather she drives than is a passenger in one of her friends cars.

All three of my Children drive, the girls for quite sometime all had lessons from a school, I would never teach one of my own, to many rows caused by trying. Thankfully they all seem to be good drivers, I worry about the others on the roads, for myself also.
Good Luck to your Son, and hope he doesn't have any more experiences like again.

drivers ed can be rough on kids that learned how to drive.because they are already set in the way they drive.

I saw the skid marks last night on my way to a friends wedding. If they had gone off that embankment that would have been one ugly wreck.

Now's a good time to remind everyone how much our children learn just by watching us, whether it's driving or anything else. Good habits and bad.

Growing up in agriculture was the best way to learn driving. Grandparents lived a few miles down a gravel road and had a drive that was over half a mile long so those were great places to learn. As well as feed trucks, 3 and 4 wheelers, tractors, pulling trailers around the ranch. Shoot, after all that, driving on the road was a breeze.

Ryan

:) Good luck! Aww...I miss them good o' days! My ma's wouldn't hardly ever ride with me. Even to this day she randomly will and if she does she screams "SLOW DOWN" the whole dayum time. :lol: Funny cause when mama in the car I am slowed down. I don't text and drive, I don't paint my nails, I don't do my makeup, I don't do anything but drive, yet she still screams! LMAO! Women are great at muti tasking! :p I drive shift gears, paint my nails, talk on the phone, do it all and still drive. Maybe danger but no more than anything else I do muti tasking 4 or 5 times are one time. 8) I was ask to drive an elder bus one time, I was like HECK yea, but after seeing I had 1-2-3-4-5- to many speeding tickets that didn't like the idea! :lol: :kid:

Latest posts