Pond has almost filled

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I built a 4 acre pond / lake on my property. This is the most water it has had in it. Another foot and it will be full. It still has a slow leak in the levee that I am going to try and fix this summer. I was standing on the levee looking across at the house and the sun was setting right after it had cleared off from some rain. I love these mild spring days when the air feels so clean after a rain shower.

Jogeephus":2ogr1zcg said:
Nice view. Now I know where to go fishing.

Forget the fishing let's slip in there and siene it while he is off chasing yote's.
If it get's deep enough to get a flow through it I have a 5 bar, we can have a heck of a catfish fry.

Caustic Burno":21dlur5p said:
Jogeephus":21dlur5p said:

Forget the fishing let's slip in there and siene it while he is off chasing yote's.
If it get's deep enough to get a flow through it I have a 5 bar, we can have a heck of a catfish fry.

I'm game as long as you can guarantee Lil Hoss ain't laying in the bushes with a high powered rifle and he doesn't have any of those boobytraps set around the pond. I've seen the boys work and I don't want to fall prey to it. :lol2:

On second thought, why don't we just find a pond that belongs to someone who is anti-gun? :mrgreen:

Jogeephus":3e99oi3i said:
Caustic Burno":3e99oi3i said:
Jogeephus":3e99oi3i said:

I'm game as long as you can guarantee Lil Hoss ain't laying in the bushes with a high powered rifle and he doesn't have any of those boobytraps set around the pond. I've seen the boys work and I don't want to fall prey to it. :lol2:

On second thought, why don't we just find a pond that belongs to someone who is anti-gun? :mrgreen:

This will of course require extensive recon.
If the right bait is applied I feel we could safely breech the perimeter.
You offer up a free hog or yote hunt they will bite . This is a win win they are ridding you of pest and we have a fish fry. Hoss return's home happy next time he goes fishin he get's that cow starin a new gate look.

greybeard":b475sa2j said:
Hoss--you and yours want to come shoot hogs on my place in mid June???/
8) :cowboy:

He will melt in that San Jacinto River bottom, after the skeeter's get through with him, won't be even enough to make a snack for the gator's.

greybeard":2yn9oxsj said:
If I didn't have to attend my brothers wedding (4th one :shock: ) I might consider that. I love thumping hogs as Jogeephus can attest to.

I will gladly trade fishing for my catfish for hog, coyote, deer or any other hunting.............cause my pond only has a few bluegills in it. Ya'll can work yourself to death dodging snappers and water moccasins while I am out putting the smackdown on some pork. :lol:

I haven't stocked the pond yet. My dad has a bunch of 'pet' catfish he has been feeding for 7 or 8 years in his pond that are about 8" wide between the eyes. They are outgrowing his pond. I may catch a few of those and transfer them over just to see how big they will get in bigger water.

Jogeephus":164icra1 said:
Caustic Burno":164icra1 said:
Jogeephus":164icra1 said:

Lil Hoss has been undergoing extensive training on the AR-15. He is in the process of building a ghilli suit as we speak :mrgreen:

Thursday I bought some tannerite bombs. He thought that was cool. Jogeephus gave me a great idea of putting a 1lb tannerite target into a 5 gallon bucket and filling it up with ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel along with some roofing nails. I could line them up along the driveway to shoot at when unwanted guests come driving down. :cowboy: :cboy:

Caustic Burno":4o3kvn5k said:
greybeard":4o3kvn5k said:

He will melt in that San Jacinto River bottom, after the skeeter's get through with him, won't be even enough to make a snack for the gator's.
Shhhhhh..!
I wuz trying to create a long distance diversion while you guys did the seining...

HOSS":ywbz1efi said:
greybeard":ywbz1efi said:
If I didn't have to attend my brothers wedding (4th one :shock: ) I might consider that. I love thumping hogs as Jogeephus can attest to.

I will gladly trade fishing for my catfish for hog, coyote, deer or any other hunting.............cause my pond only has a few bluegills in it. Ya'll can work yourself to death dodging snappers and water moccasins while I am out putting the smackdown on some pork. :lol:

I haven't stocked the pond yet. My dad has a bunch of 'pet' catfish he has been feeding for 7 or 8 years in his pond that are about 8" wide between the eyes. They are outgrowing his pond. I may catch a few of those and transfer them over just to see how big they will get in bigger
water.

Hoss I did the same after my pond was build the first year I kept putting fish I caught out of other places in there and had the fingerling truck come out and put everything they could carry in the pond twice now its loaded with fish and when people fish my pond my rule is whatever u catch take it with you so be careful with stocking dont go crazy like I did.

Latest posts