Polygamists in TX...this pic says it all for me

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

Reaction score
http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_9361767

Yeah, TX maybe should've gotten their ducks in a row a little better, but after looking at this picture, how in the name of all good sense could the authorities, who knew what was being perpetrated at that ranch, not get in a hurry to do something!

To Warren Jeffs and his Pedophile Posse: Don't mess with TX, or better yet, don't mess around in Texas. We may not always get it right the first time, but danged if we don't get it right the second, 'specially when it comes to sexual abuse of children.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Following the law and being careful not to step on a defendant's rights is all well and good, but anyone who could possibly defend what Jeffs and his ilk have done has got to have a screw loose. These people sound like sick predators to me and, if found guilty, should be treated as such.

Alice, thanks for posting that picture. It is definitely worth a 1000 words. I'm having a hard time finding words to express my disgust. And it makes me more certain that Texas did the right thing.

All I got to say is thank God I wasn't born in a polygamist community, especially this one. Polygamy is not only just wrong, but its illegal and not even part of the their church anymore.

Do you folks not realize that the state of Texas can do this to you, too? All it would take would be for someone in power to decide that your religion is not teaching the right thing.

They could just as easily seize all the kids in your hometown and say they were being mistreated.

Jim62":28e7cx7r said:
Do you folks not realize that the state of Texas can do this to you, too? All it would take would be for someone in power to decide that your religion is not teaching the right thing.

They could just as easily seize all the kids in your hometown and say they were being mistreated.

The court system is set up to give a reflection of your community's values. This is why we have a jury of our peers. Though I agree that some agencies have been known to be overzealous, I seriously doubt there are many people in this country that share the polygamist's ideas and that is why it is illegal in this country. It is illegal, plain and simple. It is also illegal to have sex with minors. We as a country have chosen to make these laws and it is just unfortunate that we have a few people sick enough that we also have to enforce laws like this.

Some left wing liberals are apt to argue that THIS IS A CHURCH. They will argue that "they are just practicing their religion" and they have a constitutional right to do so. NOT! If that were true, I could revive the Inca religion and sacrifice young virgins to Inti. Or form the Beerbabtist religion and say it is a sin for me to drive a vehicle unless I have a beer in my hand. Where does it stop. It stops with common sense and moral values. This is what they are enforcing here. IMHO, I think its a shame that there are so few whacko liberals yet their voice is heard above the multitudes in this country because it is a "good story". Just think how this makes us look in the eyes of the rest of the world and how it is used by terrorists against our soldiers.

Jim62":14jnvx5u said:

If my town in Texas was a closed community, shrouded in secrecy, that operated under the guise of religion, and that supported/promoted pedophilia, I would certainly hope so.

No, I do not agree with every single thing that CPS did in this instance (heck, I don't agree with every single thing CPS does anytime), but one thing I will agree with...when it comes to those that support, promote, and/or condone pedophilia, there are no ifs, ands, or buts...it's wrong and needs to be dealt with quickly and surely.

Alice

Jogeephus":9q7xz7b0 said:
Jim62":9q7xz7b0 said:

The court system is set up to give a reflection of your community's values. This is why we have a jury of our peers. Though I agree that some agencies have been known to be overzealous, I seriously doubt there are many people in this country that share the polygamist's ideas and that is why it is illegal in this country. It is illegal, plain and simple. It is also illegal to have sex with minors. We as a country have chosen to make these laws and it is just unfortunate that we have a few people sick enough that we also have to enforce laws like this.

Some left wing liberals are apt to argue that THIS IS A CHURCH. They will argue that "they are just practicing their religion" and they have a constitutional right to do so. NOT! If that were true, I could revive the Inca religion and sacrifice young virgins to Inti. Or form the Beerbabtist religion and say it is a sin for me to drive a vehicle unless I have a beer in my hand. Where does it stop. It stops with common sense and moral values. This is what they are enforcing here. IMHO, I think its a shame that there are so few whacko liberals yet their voice is heard above the multitudes in this country because it is a "good story". Just think how this makes us look in the eyes of the rest of the world and how it is used by terrorists against our soldiers.

Uh, Mr. Jogeephus...I don't think that this one can be blamed on the liberals. FLDS is an ultra conservative, fundamentalist religion. I would hazard to guess that the majority of CPS workers and supervisors, and decision makers are liberals, and they are very, very concerned about the groundswell of ultra conservatives who are crying foul on this one...who are calling it religious persecution rather than what it is...breaking the law.

Alice

Jim62":1va1390b said:

Nonsense. Are you always so paranoid? I think you underestimate the power that the people still have. Sure, there are those in power that would love to take away our right to practice religion, just as there are those working to take away our guns. But let them seriously try either one and there will be he!! to pay.

Practicing religion is one thing. Practicing pedophilia is another.

Alice":2dy9t9xz said:
Jogeephus":2dy9t9xz said:

Uh, Mr. Jogeephus...I don't think that this one can be blamed on the liberals. FLDS is an ultra conservative, fundamentalist religion. I would hazard to guess that the majority of CPS workers and supervisors, and decision makers are liberals, and they are very, very concerned about the groundswell of ultra conservatives who are crying foul on this one...who are calling it religious persecution rather than what it is...breaking the law.

Alice

Gotta go with Alice on this one, Jo. Around here the lefties are holding this up as an example of what's wrong with religion, and equating this "church" with more mainstream ones. They certainly aren't defending it. The people defending the FLDS are, at least from what I see, more along the lines of the paranoid, super right wing, fiercly anti-government nuts like McVeigh and his ilk. I do agree with most of your post, though.

Alice wrote
I don't think that this one can be blamed on the liberals.

Sorry, wasn't trying to pin this one on them, I was referring to other more widespread problems I see. But you are right, probably should have just said "any one group".

Just try explaining to your 4 year old daughter why it is illigal to smoke on the sidewalk in D.C because it is offensive, yet its ok for to men to grope each other at the bus stop. This is what I was in my mind. They are few but they are loud.

Jogeephus":14umakyd said:
Alice wrote
I don't think that this one can be blamed on the liberals.

Sorry, wasn't trying to pin this one on them, I was referring to other more widespread problems I see. But you are right, probably should have just said "any one group".

Just try explaining to your 4 year old daughter why it is illigal to smoke on the sidewalk in D.C because it is offensive, yet its ok for to men to grope each other at the bus stop. This is what I was in my mind. They are few but they are loud.

I see where you're going. A lot can be blamed on the lefties IMO, but not this one. In fact, in my 54 years, I can even recall them being right at least twice. ;-)

Jim62":1vot0zak said:

Jim62, I am a strong believer in individual rights, limited government, and religious freedom. But in this case, it appears to me that the government did the right thing. It makes it especially easy for me to agree if I just for a moment imagine my young daughter being kissed by Jeffers like he is that poor little girl in the pics that Alice posted.

My feelings are that this was a "religion" set up for pedophiles and nothing more.

May they all rot in h@ll....... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Let's face it.. it's a bunch of old perverts that have twisted religion so they can have 15 wives and have sex with young girls. Sounds like a fabulous plan! They are also letting us (the taxpayers) pay for their way of life, and they own a 1700 acre ranch that they aren't paying taxes on either. Hmmm...

I sure as heck wish they could shut them down. I'm tired of paying for crap like this. I just don't understand how these men can persuade these women to go along with it.. even in the name of religion.

I could rant, but I'll just say I share Alice' view of this abomination.
CPS is up against some powerful players. These pervs have big money. Just look at that building. Temple. What ever they call it.
I sure hope TX politicians will support the folks at CPS through this. If the politicians throw CPS to the wolves, we will see a lot more of these cults.

TheBullLady":33k8drxn said:
Let's face it.. it's a bunch of old perverts that have twisted religion so they can have 15 wives and have sex with young girls. Sounds like a fabulous plan! They are also letting us (the taxpayers) pay for their way of life, and they own a 1700 acre ranch that they aren't paying taxes on either. Hmmm...

I sure as heck wish they could shut them down. I'm tired of paying for crap like this. I just don't understand how these men can persuade these women to go along with it.. even in the name of religion.

I sure as heck wish they could shut them down. I'm tired of paying for crap like this.

Oh, you bet...that too!

Alice

john250":3h18cwzd said:
I could rant, but I'll just say I share Alice' view of this abomination.
CPS is up against some powerful players. These pervs have big money. Just look at that building. Temple. What ever they call it.
I sure hope TX politicians will support the folks at CPS through this. If the politicians throw CPS to the wolves, we will see a lot more of these cults.

Abomination...John, that word pretty much sums it up...thank ya', friend.

Alice

There's no doubt in my mind that these people are everything you say they are, and I agree generally.

But, there's a right way and a wrong way to handle something like this, and the way they handled this one stunk to high heaven from day #1 .

CPS says these children were ALL being abused. If CPS thought they were screwed up before, wonder what they think now? Surely being snatched away from your family and being bussed all over the state was not very traumatic for them.

I've never had any dealings with CPS, incidentally, but from all I know about their operations, it is the one agency with which you are guilty unless and until you can prove your innocence.

I can't help but wonder if this "church" would have even existed if not for the tax breaks and welfare checks they received. I don't understand why it is the taxpayer's responsibility to pay for people's poor choices. Personally, I could care less how many wives/husbands a person has but it would make me question their sanity. After all, how could you be sane with multiple spouses? Also, when did it become the government's responsibility to raise and monitor other people's children. Around here, before DeFAX or CPS the community took care of matters like this on their own and the community's non-freudian methods were much more effective. Subsidizing sin and sorriness just don't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts