HOSS 9:
rose.jpg

Nesikep 10:
IMG_6172.jpg

alisonb 11:
DSC00023-1.jpg

ga.prime 12:
P1020931.jpg

Heads up ! Had to reset the poll, as it was not right . So, if you voted before the resest it has not counted and will show as that. Sorry , just vote agan for your favorite pic . Thanks . :tiphat:

Great pics again, going to be a hard choice this week as well. Thanks so much for all of the participants to make the photo board such a huge success, you all are wonderful .. :wave:

Some really nice pics again folks :tiphat: .

As for pic #7, someone has a great sense of humor :lol:

I had to look at #7 for a while to figure it out... lots of good pics... Mine got kinda cropped on the right, as did many others...

for those posting from photobucket, Photobucket has an option to give you a clickable thumbnail to view the full image like this...

Nesikep":3eouwqqt said:
I had to look at #7 for a while to figure it out... lots of good pics... Mine got kinda cropped on the right, as did many others...

600 x 800 seems to be just the right size if you resize before uploading. Some sites let you resize during or after uploading. I'd use the photo gallery to upload, but it seems I'd have to create a separate account to access it. I use a site that doesn't require registration or passwords instead.

:clap: Amazing photos from everyone, not a bad one in the bunch! I especially like seeing all the different interpretations of 'spring.'

I didn't enter the contest as I didn't have a pic but I did get this one last weekend. . This is a field of lavendar just outside of Fredericksburg, Texas west of San Antonio. Unfortunately I didnt' take the pic. See Texas is not all desolate ;-)

Real nice photo TB - I like the colour.

Another great set of pics. I'm thinking that bee must be cold.

Nesikep":2qwhzdbo said:

for those posting from photobucket, Photobucket has an option to give you a clickable thumbnail to view the full image like this...
My IE has a magnifying glass and 100% on the bottom right, I take it down to 50% on these threads to see everything. There's a couple other ways, would be good to have them as a sticky thread on this forum because it took me years to figure that out.
I haven't figured out what *7 is yet??

Nice pic TB! We have a Lavender farmer not far from here, not near that amount of plants though and not so purple in color, more of a mauve. It still befuddles the brain seeing that blue sky in the background :eek:

I have had the pleasure of seeing the Namaqualand spring flowers on two occasions, it is absolutely spectacular. About a year ago I lost all my pics and data on my computer due to a virus so unfortunately cannot share any of my pics but here is a vid taken off the internet to give you an idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCpnZ24SNOM&feature=related

alisonb":1z49cibh said:
Nice pic TB! We have a Lavender farmer not far from here, not near that amount of plants though and not so purple in color, more of a mauve. It still befuddles the brain seeing that blue sky in the background :eek:

I have had the pleasure of seeing the Namaqualand spring flowers on two occasions, it is absolutely spectacular. About a year ago I lost all my pics and data on my computer due to a virus so unfortunately cannot share any of my pics but here is a vid taken off the internet to give you an idea.

Ya'll don't have Blue Sky in SA? I always thought it was pretty dry and clear there?

TB that is a beautiful picture ,I imagine the smell must have been lovely as well. :D

Here is a late entry that missed the contest .
0425121532-2.jpg

alisonb":1l86whfc said:

Ali this was pretty awesome and yes HD it smelled like heaven. There is a wildflower farm there also. And areas where the bluebonnets are just as thick as that planted lavendar...We have quite a few bluebonnets here as well as indian paintbrushes, indian blankets and mexican hats (yes those are flowers) :lol2: As for the blue skys they're pretty common down here...do dam common sometimes. Would prefer a few dark clouds and more rain.

We have little lillies (yellow-brown, 4" high, about 3/8th around) and Shooting Stars on a hill above our place, and I missed the perfect time to take a picture of them this year... since the perfect time only lasts a couple days, and I don't have the time to go up there as much as I'd like.. someday I'll get the picture :>

IMG_3097reallyclose2-1.jpg

Nice shot of the Cedar Waxwings, HD. A big flock of those come around here every spring and eat all the mulberries off my trees. Your two look like they're trying to get warm. :D

Thanks Ga, I just love the Waxwings . They clean up the cotoneaster every spring here ,the bushes were thick with a flock of them and I zoomed in on these two. Yes, I do believe they were a tad chilly ; I think we were still around -10C (14F) on that day .

Latest posts