Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 13:

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 14:

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3waycross":ohtxylwe said:
I am pretty sure #2 was saying two things. Ain't I purty, and I sure do love my job!
That pic got my vote. Could be on the cover of a magazine.

Congratulations to everyone who entered . :D

If you could each take some time to tell us about the fury cuties in each pic we would really appreciate it . Thank you ! :wave:

Well, I am pic 7. That is Sam, the most tender hearted, good natured, curious, friendly, no cow workingest, dog you will ever see. Basically he just rides around in the truck or UTV and observes cows from a distance. And yes he has been to working school. :lol:

Isomade":1z4r0zys said:
Well, I am pic 7. That is Sam, the most tender hearted, good natured, curious, friendly, no cow workingest, dog you will ever see. Basically he just rides around in the truck or UTV and observes cows from a distance. And yes he has been to working school. :lol:

Sometimes having a faithful companion is better than anything, especially when you are by yourself working for hours on end. I know that is what keeps me going as I am here by myself most of the time. ;-)

Sam is a beautiful fella and you can tell he has the kindest soul by the softness in his eyes. Thank you for sharing your story and picture Iso . :D

No one else likes Jes? (4) Jes was part of a one-dog family until he was five, so the first time he started meeting other dogs was when we were travelling in June '10. Then we quit travelling and stayed on a farm with two dogs, an older bitch he kinda tolerated and a young abandoned bitch he really liked, who'd just weaned pups and one of them had gone to the second farm with the kids.
In October the boss's son brought the huntaway pup back, and he and Jes were instant best mates for ever... which means play-fighting all day every day. Jes is the one looking at the camera.

Jes worked okay when he wanted to, but when he wasn't there it was the reliable alarm system I most wanted back - for five years no one could get near the house without me knowing & while we were travelling my friends worried less because he was with me.

oh for goodness sake, we're talking about female dogs, not 'be nices'. Next it'll be the word 'cow' that gets be niced out.

# 2 is my old girl Ginger. She was eleven years old in that picture and it was her last trip to South Dakota. In fact it was the last day she ever hunted upland birds.

She was always very proud of her birds and a real camera ham. Her only concession to old age on that trip was that I had to pick her up to load up after each hunt as she could no longer jump in the truck.

She passed last fall at the age of 15 and has been riding around in the truck with me ever since in a little can with her picture on it. She will make one last trip to SD this fall and have her ashes spread in the first spot that she ever pointed and retrieved a bird for me 15 years ago. Her buddy Molly is already buried there so they can hunt together again.

Dec 2005 my wife was in the hospital having her hysterectomy and in the paper that day there was a picture of a Chesapeake Bay retriever at Partner for pets. This was a Sunday and they have limited hours and I was about to go stir crazy at the hospital. My wife told me to go there and adopt the one in the paper. When I arrived he had already been spoken for and the lady said we have another one that's a 1.5yr old female if I would like to look at her, but she warned me this dog was turned over to them because she was too high strung with the original owners kids and she had been adopted twice and returned because they couldn't handle her. When I walked out to the pen. she was every where jumping and running. I opened the door and she was so excited. I told her to sit and she set down and waited for my next instruction. I adopted her on the spot. She was a handful all of her years very high strung and would retrieve for hours in the water she never quit. She would also not let anyone in the house if I was not home. We had a lot of trials and more hunting memories than I have time to write. In this picture we were Dove hunting last year (her last dove hunt). This past march my wife let her out to do her business at 6am
And for some reason she went across the road and was killed. We were blessed to have BLAZE in our family for 7 yrs. She is missed every day. Thank you for honoring her in this poll.

Darryl Matthews

I really enjoyed all the dogs, I must spend too much time on this site because I was able to guess quite a few of the owners. I voted for #9 in the helmet, guess I'm a sucker for a dog wearing a hat. Hillsdown, I can relate to your pup, I feel the same way many evenings. #5 is our 11 yr old Ralph. We got him at 1yr old he lived his first yr in a very small dog cage about 20 hrs a day in a house. He now roams free on our place and has grown up alongside my daughter and is the best dog in everyway.

#6 is "Red" He is a 10 year old Australian Shepherd. He could also be a brother to Isomades's dog, he has all the same traits.

My Sheba is #8. You have seen her in other productions such as Sheba in the Bluebonnets and Sheba Christmas. Can't say she's a worker, but she does like to watch others at work. She's not much on chicken herding either, but will smell of the cows when we go to the farm. She does excel at eating and farting, tho. Even though she's not much count, she's my buddy and will take ever step I do.

Mr Fish(#13) is a cross between a Jack Russel/Dachshund, never wanted a little dog, never wanted a mixed breed, never wanted a male dog either. Ten years ago a woman arrived here to deliver some cattle feed and with her she had this tiny sad little whining pup, she told me that it just wouldn't settle in and that it yelped all the time. I tried very hard not to take too much notice of it :shock: . So just before the woman left she tells me that she is going to give it away to anybody that will have it but like really a 'don't care' attitude. So Ali quickly says she will take it over and find a good home for it.

Well I found a very good home for him, he settled right in and has been at my side ever since :heart: .

Here he is again -
DSC00596.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

#11 is Magnum he is a bloodhound and just over a year old. My wife gave him to me for my birthday last year. I grew up with hounds mostly red bones and black and tans, but he is the first bloodhound I've ever owned. He doesn't come from a hunting bloodline and you can definately tell because he is scared of everything. He is a really good natured dog and likes playing with my son. Magnum's favorite thing to do is ride in the back of the truck and let his ears flap in the wind.

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful stories with us. A few I had to get the tissue box while reading them ,so sorry for your losses. No matter how much time we are blessed to have with our beloved pets, it never is long enough .

There is a saying :
"Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you ."

Latest posts