Pole Shed Height and lean for proper water run off.

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
If i build my pole shed to a entrance height of 12' and the back side height is 11' do you think thats enough lean for water to run off a metal roof ? :help:

You'd have to know how deep it is. I doubt you could get anything less than a 3:12 pitch to be waterproof, and a 3:12 pitch with a 1ft total drop is going to be a narrow building.

im building equipment shed 3 bays all 16x16 opening height was planning 12' and the back half 11' high. Its the first pole barn i have built so im not sure of all the technical terms and what not. I bought a sawmill and im cutting my own lumber so I wanted to build one that I can put my sawmill in as well as other implements.

yea we rarely get snow here more than a couple inches so I guess i will 12' h in the front and 10' h in the back i guess should be ok for what i need it for.

Water proof roof really depends on roofing product... corrugated, v-groove need more pitch... Standing rib (properly installed) will shed water at a quarter inch.....(snow and wind loads not accounted for).

As said before it all depends on the snowfall load and the roofing material. Here in the Heart of Dixie we might get a dusting of snow each year and I use standing ridge formed metal roofing so my roof drop will be miminal. I have some 16' wide lean to's on the sides of my barn that drops only 6" or so.

Bottom line, you have to consider the drop for your area and the materials you will use on the roof.

Latest posts