Polaris 500 vs 900

Help Support CattleToday:

Have had great luck out of my Honda Pioneer 700. Been running it hard for 5 years and the only work that has been done to it is brakes,tires, and oil changes.

I will say that after running a 700cc machine I wouldn't want to go any smaller if you plan on working it very hard.

My Dad has a pioneer 1000 and it has significantly more power than my 700. Also has a lot more leg room.

The 4010 mules don't have much flex in the rear wheels. They won't get around in rougher uneven terrain very good. But they will haul about any thing you can get in the bed of it.

Stocker Steve said:
TCRanch said:
We trade our Rangers in every couple years, currently have the 1000. I can't tell a difference between the 900 & the 1000 and most dealers are currently having specials on the new 900's.

What is your thinking on trading? How many miles at that point?
They generally have around 500 hours when we trade them in. Still have great resale/trade value and before any potential maintenance problems. We use them mulitple times every day. I always get a basic model with upgrades like roof, windshield/wipers, power steering, horn. His is always a special edition with all the bells & whistles, most of which he never uses (but heated seats are pretty sweet in the winter).

All the new ones are junk, anyone who tells you different doesn't use them very hard. We have had a few rangers, they are great for hauling the kids around, or planting the wife's flowers.
We now have 3 825i gators. One gets traded every year, so they never go out of warranty. They still have their fair share of problems, but the best we have found. They get treated like a 3/4ton pickup here.
Best thing you can do is buy the extended warranty, and trade before that is up.

Latest posts