Pls help identify this disease..(possibly ringworm??)

Help Support CattleToday:

LimousinGr

Reaction score
Searched on the forums a lot and got an idea about ringworm.. so i think this is what my cattle has.

I tried bleach/water solution and ectopor but i didn't see any results on a 10-15 days time frame.

Can you pls check the pics and verify that this ringworm?

Thanks in advance all members for their help!

f2d10041.jpg

07167f27.jpg

2f552434.jpg

fde033bf.jpg

0e036d5c.jpg

Like others said it looks like a mild case of warts.
The real small ones, and the ones around the eyes you can probably put some real strong vetrinary iodine on to discourage growth.
The medium- small califlower shaped ones, put the cow in a squeeze and use a sturdy pair of sissors to simply clip them off. Don't go too deep ( close to the hide) ,or you can whack the hide open. Even then the cow doesn't often appreciate your efforts to help her out.
After cutting them off put Iodine on the base that is left.
The bigger califlower shaped ones I have put elastrator rubber bands on to cut the circulation off of so they die back, and then use iodine for a while on the base of them.
The real big califlower shaped ones ( I have seen them as long as my thumb, --no joke!) I tie off tight with a slip knot using fishing string, so they die back so they fall off or shrink down to size so they can be clipped off and iodined.
They should be taken care of because they are contagious to other cattle, and I have seen some cattle looking absolutely awful they had so many warts on them.
Sometimes they go away on their own, but I have seen them spread to other animals.
If it is a show animal take care of it way before show day.
Saw a steer once at a 4-H show that looked like he had gone through a tree-de-barker, as he must of had an incredible amount warts that were cut off just before show day. Doesn't make a very good impression on a judge to go into a ring with a major amount of cuts on an animal.
Nite Hawk

I have a friend who swares that when you cut the wart off to grind up and feed to the same cow with some feed.He said that the cow then has a resistance to the virus and that the other warts will desolve and the larger ones will fall off.If you think about it you would say thats bull,But if it works then you have lost nothing in the process.Side note my wife went to the doctor with our son who had warts on his wrest and asked for the best way to remove them.She asked if she could use over the counter meds or freeze them off. The doc told her to apply his pee with a q-tip and leave to dry.The warts went away and havent returned.
I cant say if my friends wart deal really works or not but the wifes pee deal really does.

Placebo effect or whats in that Pee???!!! :lol2: :lol2:
I think there might be more than a few raised eyebrows if someone started "whizzing" all over their cow to remove a few warts..... :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2:
Nite Hawk

My vet cuts 2 or 3 off smashes them up puts them in a pill stick and gives them to the cow, tried it once it seemed to work. If your not selling for awile they should go away by there selves.

I can just picture standing on the barn and peeing on your cow.HAHA
I said that if you have warts you can only use your own pee on them and I really know that it works.
Wizzing on cows now thats funny.

Latest posts