Please critique this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't comment on him until I saw some photos of him standing still out in the open with some light on him and a bit of feed in his belly. Do that and you might get some more positive comments about him.
Ken

You "DO NOT" want to use that bull on anything let alone try to start a good herd of herefords. Cut him and eat him or sell him but do not use him to breed cattle of any kind.

I posted a bull on here a few years ago was not a bad bull but not a great bull. Most thought he looked like two bulls that had been stuck together. I have some of the best looking heifers out of him I think I have raised. I bred a few cows to him and sold him to a guy with a bunch of charx cows. That guy says the bull throws some of the best calves he has had. Your bulls daddy don't look to bad to me, so you know he has some good stuff in there. All it has to do is show up.

Just to clarify I'm not wanting to do the seed stock thing. And out of curiosity how much do people usually pay for a herd bull. Bulls like gizmom look awesome but I'm betting way out of my price range. I know ai is the best alternative for quality bulls when $$$ is an issue but the bull we had before would run you at of a acre field so he had to go. We got lucky when we where getting started cattle where just coming up and the bull and 1 calf paid for the other cows (walked into a deal the guy was moving to town). I'm going to try and get some better pics of him in next few days.

Red Bull Breeder":2vx9ziwk said:
I posted a bull on here a few years ago was not a bad bull but not a great bull. Most thought he looked like two bulls that had been stuck together. I have some of the best looking heifers out of him I think I have raised. I bred a few cows to him and sold him to a guy with a bunch of charx cows. That guy says the bull throws some of the best calves he has had. Your bulls daddy don't look to bad to me, so you know he has some good stuff in there. All it has to do is show up.

What did those calves look like--hide color etc?

Ky cowboy":30rrhj2o said:
[url][/ur
[url][/url]
sorry bout that first time posting a picture.
He's a reg Hereford 19 months oldthanks branguscowgirl

At 19 months you want to see thick, curly, masculine hair on the face and neck. Ideally you want to see more beef between the top of the shoulder blade and the brisket. Looks like he has decent pigment.

They did shave his head I don't know why. On the epds what size calf could I predict I know a lot of variables matter but just by his #s

The photos were not good, may have made him look worse than he really is. The sire of the bull looked pretty good, even though that photo left a lot to be desired also. Take a knee or squat when you shoot him. Gizmom's bull photos flattered the bulls, note the lower perspective and the angles that were shot. Try again, why don't you.

greybeard":1kjik8rt said:
Red Bull Breeder":1kjik8rt said:

What did those calves look like--hide color etc?
I was wondering which end of the bull the looked like. :hide:

Latest posts