Plastic food grade barrels

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
when you get the 55 gallon plastic food grade storage/shipping barrels be careful of what they were used for shipping. We've had them for wine, teriyaki sauce, vinegaer, soy sacue, etc. with no problems. We have one that we got 4-5 years ago, may even be 6 years now, that had been used for garlic puree in vinegar. It's been washed, had charcoal stored in it, had baking soda in it, been left open for aa year now and sitting outside. When we tried to feed the stuff that we stored in it to the cows they would hardly eat thr stuff. The fish don;t seem to mind the smell on the catfish food. It's been sitting empty out behind the barn and today I walked past it. From 20 feet away the smell will still knock you off your feet. So unless you have italian animals to feed, stay away from the garlic barrels.

Those are some nice barrels. How much do you have to pay for them? I used to get them for $5 but the guy moved. Only ones I can find now cost $15.

The last I bought them, w/lids and the snap ring latch was 10 bucks.

dun":2uok1f05 said:
It's been sitting empty out behind the barn and today I walked past it. From 20 feet away the smell will still knock you off your feet. So unless you have italian animals to feed, stay away from the garlic barrels.

That explains a lot. Wife thought you had some kickin' cologne on. I tried to tell her it must have been some you brought over with you on the Mayflower.

cfpinz

cfpinz":1xq431mn said:
dun":1xq431mn said:
It's been sitting empty out behind the barn and today I walked past it. From 20 feet away the smell will still knock you off your feet. So unless you have italian animals to feed, stay away from the garlic barrels.

That explains a lot. Wife thought you had some kickin' cologne on. I tried to tell her it must have been some you brought over with you on the Mayflower.

cfpinz

I'll fill the barrel with water and leave it sit till you come out again. A good dunkin in that stuff and your wife may start talkiing to you again. Problem is it will be in Italian.

dun":1smsnljm said:
cfpinz":1smsnljm said:
dun":1smsnljm said:

cfpinz

I'll fill the barrel with water and leave it sit till you come out again. A good dunkin in that stuff and your wife may start talkiing to you again. Problem is it will be in Italian.

Anything would be an improvement over her native Polish.

cfpinz":26c5cu3l said:
dun":26c5cu3l said:
cfpinz":26c5cu3l said:
dun":26c5cu3l said:

cfpinz

Anything would be an improvement over her native Polish.

Gonna have to start another banner for the driveway

Dun, the barrels I get are for olives. They are large plastic ones with screw off lids. They are airtight and are excellent for storing stuff in. Have you seen these?

Haven't seen the ones for olives. I tried some of the screw off tops and they were too hard for me to get a good enough hold of to unscrew. I like the ones with metal snap band, air and water tight and easy to work with. It's just that one barrel with the garlic puree that is a problem. If it was metal it would be a burn barrel. One thing I did notice is that even wit hthe top off when I stored seed in it the bugs never got into it. Must not be italian bugs

Mrs.cfpinz must be multilingual, b/c i know she knows some french too.

We got a few of these (free)... they were blue plastic and we used them out in the horse arena for barrel work... well, our paint horse got to playing with one and cracked the lid.... evidently it had been used for grape juice (or possibly wine). Was the strongest, nastiest sweet smell ever.

Beefy":c5cb2uj0 said:

How did you know she doesn't shave her pits? Looks like she's got Don King in a headlock!

cfpinz

The way to get the smell off of your hands is to rub them in salt and then wash them, so try soaking the barrels in very salty water that might work.

cfpinz":3hg1wofl said:
Beefy":3hg1wofl said:

How did you know she doesn't shave her pits? Looks like she's got Don King in a headlock!

cfpinz

I'm gonna have to start another banner!

Latest posts