Plastic Gas Cans

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider said:
Brute 23 said:
These are the way to go. They stack and store nicely too.

I also have a few of the metal ones also and they work good to. It's nice to have the funnel on them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VP-Racing-5-Gallon-Motorsport-Racing-Liquid-Jug-Can-Container-14-Inch-Hose/317265803?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1187&adid=22222222228290354350&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=350589283827&wl4=pla-747896163288&wl5=9027933&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112549749&wl11=online&wl12=317265803&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiArdLvBRCrARIsAGhB_szBe0NEom1kihzxF6knIUbYChv2JVN9XQM8e0iJpjFx0WRlIQ4jmnkaAjgLEALw_wcB

These are the only ones I will buy.

I bought some to take when I go hunting or fishing because they travel really well.

I have one of the metall ones also though that rides on my truck and they are a little easier to handle and pour. They are pricey though.

Kenny, you have to thank the epa for that one, probably over a million dollars in study going into that one, and were talking about a worthless plastic gas can, and that's their answer. Just a bunch of dopes, why would you expect anything different from them?

haase said:
Kenny, you have to thank the epa for that one, probably over a million dollars in study going into that one, and were talking about a worthless plastic gas can, and that's their answer. Just a bunch of dopes, why would you expect anything different from them?
And our safety officer at the headquarters level said to use them anyway. I been waiting for one to give problems but of course they have done fine.

If you were to use the cans for water.They make a replacement spout for water that will fit in the place of the non vented spout. But it is to be only used for water and not fuel.

sstterry said:
Use either a drill with a very small bit or a medium nail would work. I put it in the back of the handle, that way it doesn't leak.
But, they make vent caps that can be inserted that can be used to avoid the vacuum lock.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SEK6XN6/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Edit: Kenny beat me to it.

Same here then use the small nail to plug it.

haase said:

But it was a government decision.It has to be right.Like the one agency that decided on the 10mm caliber for their agents then found their smaller statured agents couldn't handle the recoil so they downloaded the round.Wound up with essentially a 40 S and W in a large frame weapon when the 40 would have worked in a mid frame.But,it was the right decision.Or so I read.

Rural King sells these "fluid containers", this one is white but they also have red, blue, and yellow. $20 and will empty 5 gallons of fuel in no time. Can also find them on Amazon, called "racing jugs" or similar. TSC has something similar for "water", but the spout isn't nearly as good as this one.

racing_fluidcan.png

I know JW, don't want to question them government agencies, there so smart, the plastic gas can, they nailed it there, typical of anything else they do.🤭

M.Magis said:
Rural King sells these "fluid containers", this one is white but they also have red, blue, and yellow. $20 and will empty 5 gallons of fuel in no time. Can also find them on Amazon, called "racing jugs" or similar. TSC has something similar for "water", but the spout isn't nearly as good as this one.

racing_fluidcan.png

They will actually fit 6 gallons no problem. :) Buy you a couple PVC kc nipples though to replace the ones that come with the cans. They break pretty easy.

Latest posts