Plant Identification

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller":1k3cncpp said:
Bright Raven":1k3cncpp said:
Craig Miller":1k3cncpp said:
How does this compare to it?

Almost identical. But trust me. It has a round stem. Perilla is in the mint family. My research is that there are no exceptions - all members of the mint family have a square stem.

Edited: it looks more like Catnip which is also a mint than it does like Perilla.

I believe you...lol....that is a picture of mulberry weed. Fatuoua villosa.

Ok. That is it. Looked it up. I thought you were still on the Perilla mint. Sorry.

Craig Miller":3s2729uq said:
Bright Raven":3s2729uq said:
Craig Miller":3s2729uq said:
How does this compare to it?

Almost identical. But trust me. It has a round stem. Perilla is in the mint family. My research is that there are no exceptions - all members of the mint family have a square stem.

Edited: it looks more like Catnip which is also a mint than it does like Perilla.

I believe you...lol....that is a picture of mulberry weed. Fatuoua villosa.

Further reading indicates it is not Mulberry Weed. The foliage is not the same. I found this close up of a leave of mulberry weed:

22hylx.jpg

Does not match the plant in question.

M-5":amr6pzi4 said:
or hairy beggertick
Great googling... how would anything here ever be found without the googlers. Did you image google, or just go for it....

cowgirl8":288ty382 said:
M-5":288ty382 said:
or hairy beggertick
Great googling... how would anything here ever be found without the googlers. Did you image google, or just go for it....

Let me see if I can explain something to ya.

I Did not google this plant. There are things called plant identification Web sites that most universities publish. A university is a school where people pay for higher education. education is what a person gets from the day they are born until they die and some people absorb more than others , absorb is when your brain soaks up the information. a brain ------------that's what everyone else has .

M-5":z1ak9k8j said:
cowgirl8":z1ak9k8j said:
M-5":z1ak9k8j said:
or hairy beggertick

I Did not google this plant. There are things called plant identification Web sites that most universities publish. A university is a school where people pay for higher education. education is what a person gets from the day they are born until they die and some people absorb more than others , absorb is when your brain soaks up the information. a brain ------------that's what everyone else has .
I use this site a lot "https://plants.usda.gov/java/" but for a Q&D fix I jsut take stuff over to the xtetension office and they send it to a state botonist that emails me back the answer.

M-5":5z93w9hm said:
Im Thinking it could be Spanish Needles

images
Around here spanish needles are more comonly referred to as "devils darning needles". I think that's a lot more appropriate name

dun":2h7552xc said:
M-5":2h7552xc said:
cowgirl8":2h7552xc said:

I use this site a lot "https://plants.usda.gov/java/" but for a Q&D fix I jsut take stuff over to the xtetension office and they send it to a state botonist that emails me back the answer.

weedalert.com is pretty good site

M-5":eb1ybk2e said:
kenny thomas":eb1ybk2e said:
M5, has your brain got to the point that you can visualize what you want to Google and it automatically shows up?

That's what alexia is for
Exactly, but I wonder what will happen to these experts if there ever is a EMP... kind of scary...

cowgirl8":1yhoe8p0 said:
M-5":1yhoe8p0 said:
kenny thomas":1yhoe8p0 said:
M5, has your brain got to the point that you can visualize what you want to Google and it automatically shows up?

Exactly, but I wonder what will happen to these experts if there ever is a EMP... kind of scary...

Kinda wish it would. Be like saving the planet from your drivel

M-5":1pj7q4ii said:
cowgirl8":1pj7q4ii said:
M-5":1pj7q4ii said:

Youre an angry angry man... I feel for you

cowgirl8":3pbt6lqs said:
M-5":3pbt6lqs said:
cowgirl8":3pbt6lqs said:

No , I guess it new for your to have a man actually tell you the truth.

M-5":2w8s9uo3 said:
cowgirl8":2w8s9uo3 said:
M-5":2w8s9uo3 said:

Actually, i'd be very embarrassed if my husband were any of the few of you who seem to get entertainment out of trolling. He has more to do with his time and does. He doesn't spend it in forums causing trouble nor would he if he was bored out his skull. He thinks its funny I take up for myself, but wonders why I bother. He's a learner. Spends his time learning new things. There is nothing this man cant do. I started dating him because he was the life of the party, yet, never said a word. Never planned on staying with him, just thought he'd be fun to hang out with. That following Monday, I transferred to his school(was already in the works) and I happened to have a class with him. HIs teacher called on him to give a report and he stood up and gave the most involved intelligent report I've ever heard a student, specially a guy, give. I was hooked. And ever since, he's done nothing but learn and evolve. Our brains work perfectly together, his engineering, mine artistic, and together we've built some amazing things. The reason I come here is, i'm a fixer. It bothers me that a few here seem to think I cause this. But I don't. Second, i'm a multitasker.... I scan this, FB, the weather, youtube etc etc....right now i'm looking at metal tin to put on the wall. My brain will not allow me to focus on one thing at a time, I believe they call it ADD. If people would train themselves to multitask, it would get rid of their ADD......SO, keep making fun of me, telling me my husband is whooped, or all the things you've said. But get over it, we've found our soulmates and it will last a lifetime..and I aint goin nowhere

cowgirl8":1wffdazq said:
M-5":1wffdazq said:
cowgirl8":1wffdazq said:

Actually, i'd be very embarrassed if my husband were any of the few of you who seem to get entertainment out of trolling. He has more to do with his time and does. He doesn't spend it in forums causing trouble nor would he if he was bored out his skull. He thinks its funny I take up for myself, but wonders why I bother. He's a learner. Spends his time learning new things. There is nothing this man cant do. I started dating him because he was the life of the party, yet, never said a word. Never planned on staying with him, just thought he'd be fun to hang out with. That following Monday, I transferred to his school(was already in the works) and I happened to have a class with him. HIs teacher called on him to give a report and he stood up and gave the most involved intelligent report I've ever heard a student, specially a guy, give. I was hooked. And ever since, he's done nothing but learn and evolve. Our brains work perfectly together, his engineering, mine artistic, and together we've built some amazing things. The reason I come here is, i'm a fixer. It bothers me that a few here seem to think I cause this. But I don't. Second, i'm a multitasker.... I scan this, FB, the weather, youtube etc etc....right now i'm looking at metal tin to put on the wall. My brain will not allow me to focus on one thing at a time, I believe they call it ADD. If people would train themselves to multitask, it would get rid of their ADD......SO, keep making fun of me, telling me my husband is whooped, or all the things you've said. But get over it, we've found our soulmates and it will last a lifetime..and I aint goin nowhere

Why don't you reread this a few times. All it says is "we are better than you" you do not know how to interact with people you get the same here and on cattle forum so I guess again everyone else is wrong and you are always right LSC. Why is it every single time too jump in a thread it turns out to be about you when someone questions you?????

On one hand you have a man who works hard and has no time to troll around on a forum and has figured out how to make a living raising cattle and has done it all his life.....on the other, a man who spends his day pretending he knows everything (your words on another tread) and harasses women on a forums....which is better......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......and i'll add trolling of FB...

Latest posts