Pinkeye

Help Support CattleToday:

Vet said it was respiratory, thinks calf has a little touch of pneumonia. He gave it some vitamin shots and a shot of something (I wasn't there) in the eye ball. Told my dad to go buy some vitamin A and D feed and a shot of vitamin B and all will be good.

Calhoun Farm":td6i1qze said:
Vet said it was respiratory, thinks calf has a little touch of pneumonia. He gave it some vitamin shots and a shot of something (I wasn't there) in the eye ball. Told my dad to go buy some vitamin A and D feed and a shot of vitamin B and all will be good.
That doesn't suprise me, resprotory was my guess. Hope he have it something good.

The cheapest and best solution for pink eye is to spray terramycin or related product directly into the eye. Have done it on hundreds of sheep and cattle with no ill effects. If you have time spray every eye whether infected or not and then follow up daily with spraying the infected eyes.

botsfarmer":1y2xeag5 said:
The cheapest and best solution for pink eye is to spray terramycin or related product directly into the eye. Have done it on hundreds of sheep and cattle with no ill effects. If you have time spray every eye whether infected or not and then follow up daily with spraying the infected eyes.

We don't have time to do that in our operation, we need something we can give that works and continues to work after its given.

Latest posts