Piebald deer pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, I had to look up leucism and skewbald. Information overload for me, Gentlemen! Is it possible the terms are geographic? Regardless, I've certainly never seen one before and didn't expect it around here.

That said . . . . another neighbor harvested this "thing" a few years ago a few miles south of our place. He said the anatomy indicated it was a doe. Yowza!View attachment 11558
So much for breakfast TC!!

I was getting ready to start a new thread when I saw this, @cfpinz.

Bragging on a friend/neighbor that got this phenomenal Piebald this week. Didn't realize it's a genetic abnormality that only affects less than 2% of the whitetail population. This one was about 7 miles southeast of our place. Scored 176 and was 5 years old. He had been shot previously, in the right hip area. Pretty hard to beat his record harvest of a whitetail that scored 213 7/8 two years ago, but this was a once in a lifetime harvest for him. Well, probably, but he's only 30. Bonus: in addition to farming & cattle, his family owns a deer processing & taxidermy business. Full body mount, comin' up!
View attachment 11483
View attachment 11484
He's still got his fawn spots, would love to see him once he matures!:D

Well, I had to look up leucism and skewbald. Information overload for me, Gentlemen! Is it possible the terms are geographic? Regardless, I've certainly never seen one before and didn't expect it around here.

That said . . . . another neighbor harvested this "thing" a few years ago a few miles south of our place. He said the anatomy indicated it was a doe. Yowza!View attachment 11558
Chupacabra!

I saw several in the Capital forest which is just south of Olympia WA. They were marked more like a paint horse and not spotted like an appaloosa. My uncle shot a buck like that back in about 1964.

Latest posts