Pictures of slaughter ready beef.

Help Support CattleToday:

i agree, nice looking steers everyone.
bward, on the gert steers you posted i noticed some of their ears look crusty around the edges. whats with that? is that just where theyve been shaved?

bward, on the gert steers you posted i noticed some of their ears look crusty around the edges. whats with that? is that just where theyve been shaved?

Crusty edges? LOL you made me go back and look. Oh that. Thats cold damage to hair follicles. The hairs grow in white after frost bite.

bward, what ages are these steers and how much do they weigh?
The steers are 12 to 14 months .. They weighed around 1280 -1320

LOL that was my first guess but came up with shaved ears to sound less stupid. no such luck.

farmer rich":1gk4xft9 said:
One for Mike C

d76deadc.jpg
[/img]

Is that your farm in the backgorund Farmer Rich? All those Red barns are nice, that is a beautiful farm none the less!!

Chuckie":1mk4bnrb said:
Farmer Rich, what flavor is that first steer with the wide blazed face? That is a nice steer. I like what ever you combined to get him.

Sorry for the delay in replying chuckie, Ive been away for a week or so. The red steer in the first pic is most probably a lim cross out of a sim cross cow. I dont know the exact breeding of any of the steers I buy in as stockers but as Breeds over here have virtually without exeption retained their original colours and type traits and the use of crossbred bulls is almost unheard of it is fairly easy to determine the sire breed.

The steers average 24 months old and are 650-700 kg liveweight.