Pictures from this weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":38tjgjyu said:
chippie":38tjgjyu said:
Thanks for sharing your pics. I enjoyed seeing them. You have a lovely place.
you'd never guess he was on a mountain, would you ??
Sand Mountain. Probably by some standards across the country it's just a big high spot at only about 1100-1300 ft above sea level, but its home. I think you'd hard pressed to find a more beautiful scene than sitting on the bluffs a mile or so from my mother's place and looking down the Tennessee River in the fall as the leaves change. Maybe if I'm lucky I can catch the right weekend and go home again and snag a few pictures of that. People here at school always think I'm crazy that I just want to go back there when I graduate, but if you ever get a chance to live in North Alabama I think you would understand.

Also, thanks for all the kind comments. I have been fortunate during my undergraduate work as well as my time as a graduate student to travel to most of the more ag based states in the Midwest and east going to conferences and tours. In that time I have seen thousands of college students that are just like myself, just looking for an opportunity to make our place in Ag.

WarEagle73":1tvtyj49 said:
ALACOWMAN":1tvtyj49 said:
chippie":1tvtyj49 said:
Thanks for sharing your pics. I enjoyed seeing them. You have a lovely place.
you'd never guess he was on a mountain, would you ??
Sand Mountain. Probably by some standards across the country it's just a big high spot at only about 1100-1300 ft above sea level, but its home. I think you'd hard pressed to find a more beautiful scene than sitting on the bluffs a mile or so from my mother's place and looking down the Tennessee River in the fall as the leaves change. Maybe if I'm lucky I can catch the right weekend and go home again and snag a few pictures of that. People here at school always think I'm crazy that I just want to go back there when I graduate,but if you ever get a chance to live in North Alabama I think you would understand.

Also, thanks for all the kind comments. I have been fortunate during my undergraduate work as well as my time as a graduate student to travel to most of the more ag based states in the Midwest and east going to conferences and tours. In that time I have seen thousands of college students that are just like myself, just looking for an opportunity to make our place in Ag.

True words! I really enjoyed school and "being away", but boy was I ready to get back to NA... :nod:

What are you studying? I work as a Meat Scientist in Huntsville.

I am getting my Master's in Meat Science actually. Trying to get my thesis finished so I can graduate right now.

my grand parents are buried at Macedonia, at haigwood all the way back to my G.G.G. grandparents.... pretty a country as you'll find here, but im a flatlander.. :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":1upveyj1 said:
my grand parents are buried at Macedonia, at haigwood all the way back to my G.G.G. grandparents.... pretty a country as you'll find here, but im a flatlander.. :cowboy:

Flat is down here. The only hills are fire ant beds.

circlew":255fe9xa said:
ALACOWMAN":255fe9xa said:

Flat is down here. The only hills are fire ant beds.
i remember the first fire ant hills i seen, were at a ropin" in Montgomery theyve been here awhile now, and lately the Armadillo...

Latest posts