100_0458.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0448.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0442.jpg

100_0440.jpg

Good looking girl's.
Myself I prefer the Braford looking type, that is what I am slowing working back to.
Saw a couple you need to get rid off, I could haul them off for you.

Caustic Burno":4po698i5 said:
Good looking girl's.
Myself I prefer the Braford looking type, that is what I am slowing working back to.

For the right amount of money I'll haul them to you! :lol2:

circlew":3078b6a8 said:
Caustic Burno":3078b6a8 said:
Good looking girl's.

For the right amount of money I'll haul them to you! :lol2:

I might be able to pay for the diesel is that enough ?
I picked up a few bred Angus type heifers the other day at a good price.
They are 6 month's bred weighing about 900. Plan on calving them and selling everyone late this fall as 3 n 1's.
I don't want a black cow in my pasture, Obama is enough for me.

TexasBred":fyqgboit said:
A good slick dehorning would sure make them look better and add value too.
im suprized the breeder let em go,,, bout all id do now is tip em ''if that'' those gals dont ever forget a bad experience they had in the chute,,, with them you got to make every trip trough as stress free as possible

Brute 23":td55bgud said:
Are they all pretty easy to handle? I don't know about that black one with the horns... a little high headed.

They are a little stand offish but they are getting better everyday. The black one with the horns is the easiest going one of the bunch. She's just a big pet.

ALACOWMAN":2sxdrdzu said:
TexasBred":2sxdrdzu said:
im suprized the breeder let em go,,, bout all id do now is tip em ''if that'' those gals dont ever forget a bad experience they had in the chute,,, with them you got to make every trip trough as stress free as possible

That's why I got the deal I got. The guy got down and couldn't get all the stuff done to really fancy them up. He was able to worm them and put the bull with them and that was about it. I probably gonna leave them like they are. I don't want them getting any wild ideas when we are in the pen.

circlew":3j7jbgbg said:
ALACOWMAN":3j7jbgbg said:
TexasBred":3j7jbgbg said:

That's why I got the deal I got. The guy got down and couldn't get all the stuff done to really fancy them up. He was able to worm them and put the bull with them and that was about it. I probably gonna leave them like they are. I don't want them getting any wild ideas when we are in the pen.
with that wide horn base it be a long while healing on their own, without the chance of infection or screw worms especially in LA were you dont get the colds spells we do ...... their bad to keep it irritated by rubbing them sore again,,, outside of cosmetic dehornig which aint cheap or worth fooling with on commercial gals

Beefy":22b3lidt said:
that one in pic 10 has a terrible udder.

You talking about the cow in the pic next to the black one with horns? If you are that's another cow standing behind her.

One of the things I like about this board is seeing what works in different parts of the country. From all the comments from people in the south those cows will work there. Up here those cows would be dirt cheap. I have often thought I should put together a load of them and ship them south. Only trouble is it would take a year or two to put together that load.

So how do you plan to breed them to get a uniform group of calves? Or does having uniform groups not matter in your area.

Latest posts