Pics of my first heifers and bull

Help Support CattleToday:

j&lfarms

Reaction score
I know they aren't the best, but I have for sure seen a lot worse. I am just starting out and am very proud of what I have. Not many 17 year olds can say they own thier own cattle and that they bought them by themselves. These are just a few pics from when around the farm and are from anywhere between October and about month ago.

First day.

The bull they are bred to.

I have many more but this is all it would allow me to post. I'm done for tonight. See y'all tomorrow!

btw the hereford bull is only about 8 months and the heifers are around 15 or 16 months. The pictures kind of distort the way they actually look, but oh well.

Great to see you started, i bought my first 5 brangus heifers on my own when i was 12, i'm now 21 and have 85 momma cows and run up to 300 calves at a time. Done it all on my own by working hard and borrowing money. Hope your herd grows and does well.

With land and cattle prices like they are it's not easy to grow, but it does work. For me all i have thought and cared about since i was 12 years old was being able to make a living with nothing but cattle and with the help of god i am about there.

j&lfarms":2mx2z44x said:
btw the hereford bull is only about 8 months and the heifers are around 15 or 16 months. The pictures kind of distort the way they actually look, but oh well.
Your heifers are bred to an 8 month old bull?
Puberty for a hereford is around 1 year if I remember my school daze--are you sure the heifers are pregnant--or were they only known to have been mounted by the youngster?

No the heifers are bred to the bull in the second picture. The one with the caption that says "the bull they are bred to". I bought the hereford bull to sale in the fall to make some extra money to buy an angus bull in the spring of next year.

j&lfarms":20wh99tj said:
No the heifers are bred to the bull in the second picture. The one with the caption that says "the bull they are bred to". I bought the hereford bull to sale in the fall to make some extra money to buy an angus bull in the spring of next year.
Ok, I see. The captions are Under the pictures, not on top.

j&lfarms":27snhful said:
They are bred to a salers bull. One of my teachers let me borrow him. And yeah the captions are kind of backwards. Lol

Well i knew he wasn't an Angus, and i couldn't see that horse tail dragging the ground so i couldn't tell if he was Limo or Saler. Good choice on the Saler BTW for calving ease!

I've got some better pics of him I may add. I took them with my phone so they don't really show his size very well. He was like a 1200 pound ball of muscle and hair. I liked the way his calves looked and grew so I thought it was a good choice. He throws calves in the 65 to 80 pound range usually.

j&lfarms":2pxky2a7 said:
I've got some better pics of him I may add. I took them with my phone so they don't really show his size very well. He was like a 1200 pound ball of muscle and hair. I liked the way his calves looked and grew so I thought it was a good choice. He throws calves in the 65 to 80 pound range usually.

Actually now that i looked closer i can see his tail dragging the ground.

Latest posts