pics of cow problems and other stuff -- for the newbies

Help Support CattleToday:

Pinkeye scar.....
Here is a cow that had pinkeye really badly when she was young. The eye is completely white and she is blind in it.

DSC05307.jpg

Kudos to you and all your efforts!!! I've always looked for something like this. Lot's of pics/information in a central location. I also believe this should be kept pinned.

Thank you for your dedication!

This is one for birth defects,calf born with arthrogryposis, an ankylosis of the limbs usually combined with a cleft palate and other deformities.She lived 3 days.Notice the positioning of her eyes and the one abnormal ear.

birthdefect.jpg

Milkmaid
Here's a couple more pictures to add to your selection
foot1.jpg

foot2.jpg

Turns out it is/was a linear fracture from about 6 inchs up all the way down to the "ankle"

Wow! Thanks a bunch. I had heard of some of these problems but had no idea what to look for! It's like getting an early Xmas present!

Here are a couple pictures of ringworm around the eye. It isn't a big problem, unless they end up scratching the cornea while they are scratching the ringworm.

DSC05857.jpg

DSC05867.jpg

Milkmaid,

The best educational post ever made.

With your permission I propose that we make it an ongoing thread of educational pics to be built upon by everyone in honor of your thoughfulness.

We can all learn from them.

I made a sticky with the link to this topic so it will always stay on top

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1zys0h56 said:
Great! I was just concerned because it had creeped down a bit. Thanks. This is a "must read" for all newbies/beginners.

And a lot of old pharts too

That was wonderful! I have read about some of those and never got to see pics, very helpful for this newbie!
Thanks for taking the time.

more aborted fetus. about the size of a beagle dog. note the lack of hair--see the wrinkly skin on underline.

1212071412-1.jpg

sorry about photoquality. i snapped this with my cellphone.

Latest posts