photo of a 2 year old

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":2cbdfbu4 said:
BRG":2cbdfbu4 said:
wbvs58":2cbdfbu4 said:
Nice bull but what happened to his left hind leg, the hock looks blown right up. Is it an old injury?
Ken

I guess I don't see what you are talking about.

You shoulda bedded that straw deeper. Now look what's happened................ :shock:

At least the feet made it past inspection. Some just trim feet and skip the straw and say it is much cheaper. I am just going to buy a bull calf from the guy down the road because he has real mud and not any of that fake straw. :cowboy:

At least the feet made it past inspection. Some just trim feet and skip the straw and say it is much cheaper. I am just going to buy a bull calf from the guy down the road because he has real mud and not any of that fake straw. :cowboy:[/quote]

Does the guy down the road avg the price that BRG fets for his bulls...........I doubt it.......... :cowboy:

3waycross":1sn7a0wo said:
At least the feet made it past inspection. Some just trim feet and skip the straw and say it is much cheaper. I am just going to buy a bull calf from the guy down the road because he has real mud and not any of that fake straw. :cowboy:

Does the guy down the road avg the price that BRG fets for his bulls...........I doubt it.......... :cowboy:[/quote]
I just called the guy down the road with the bull calf, he said he would take the average of Brians bull prices even if there was straw involved. :cowboy:

mwj":21rqpeav said:
3waycross":21rqpeav said:

Does the guy down the road avg the price that BRG fets for his bulls...........I doubt it.......... :cowboy:
I just called the guy down the road with the bull calf, he said he would take the average of Brians bull prices even if there was straw involved. :cowboy:[/quote]

You better jump on that deal before he changes his mind! :lol2:

After the discussion on the "Straw at Sale" thread, I was excited to see the large area the cattle would be allowed to roam in as the potential buyers could watch them in a 60 X 48 pen so large that he would have to use straw. After watching farm sales hem their animals up in corners, working them back and forth in a few feet, you must know what to look for.
#74 as he starts down the fence, he is shorter strides on the left leg. When he makes that turn back to the right, he throws the left leg out from under his bodyweight to make the turn and starts back up the side of the fence with even a shorter stride. The bull is limping.
http://www.superiorlivestock.com/onlineVideoCatalog/?contractId=1095&lot=74#lot

I say that the Veterinarian made the correct call.

Latest posts