Photo bucket is making me angry.

Help Support CattleToday:

Google Photos Test......

https://goo.gl/photos/mpSeuKY29RzSxT3M6[/img......

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."

Fail fail and more fail...

[url=https://goo.gl/photos/mpSeuKY29RzSxT3M6]https://goo.gl/photos/mpSeuKY29RzSxT3M6[/url]

slick4591":1u5tlkz0 said:
What I've been doing is saving the image to my computer from Photobucket and using the add image feature to post it here.

I guess I don't see where to "add the image" to this site. The other forums have a "manage attachments" button where I can upload them to the forum server then link them.

Looks like the BBcode actually works here. I must have been doing it wrong. I was going to say...works on the diesel forum.

3faa478d0e8466b53159a976fdd6e429.jpg

I'm on another (non-cattle related) forum that allows me to take a screenshot on my computer, open it in Paint, select an area, copy it, and paste the selection directly into a response without being saved out as a separate file first. That sure is nice sometimes.

Rafter S":20qx7jqt said:
I'm on another (non-cattle related) forum that allows me to take a screenshot on my computer, open it in Paint, select an area, copy it, and paste the selection directly into a response without being saved out as a separate file first. That sure is nice sometimes.

Dang...that would be so nice. Just use the "snipping tool" and paste it. I'd love that!

4x4dually":2376gsjw said:
Rafter S":2376gsjw said:

Dang...that would be so nice. Just use the "snipping tool" and paste it. I'd love that!

Yup. It's pretty handy. That forum (https://forum.solidworks.com/welcome if anyone is interested) is related to the software I use at work, so I'm forever taking screenshots to show someone else how to do something (and occasionally to ask questions, but mostly answering others now).

Rafter S":2s59vxti said:
Yup. It's pretty handy. That forum (https://forum.solidworks.com/welcome if anyone is interested) is related to the software I use at work, so I'm forever taking screenshots to show someone else how to do something (and occasionally to ask questions, but mostly answering others now).

Oh, God. I'm using Solidworks right now. Don't look for my latest batch of posts on that forum. That software makes me want to stomp kittens most of the time. Same great user name....same great user attitude. LOL Been a SW user since 2001.

Never got into solidworks... still using Autocad because I'm more familiar with it, though it makes me want to stomp kittens a lot of the time as well

I've used AutoCAD since release 12 version C back around 1994 or so and I'll have to say, I only do 2D with it but I absolutely love it. It NEVER crashes. All our 3D designs are SW. We are on 2017 SP2.0 and it crashes daily. EPDM is no better. I only visit their forum to raise he ll. Us users are pretty tired of being beta testers all year long every year. $.02

I suspect the EPDM may be the cause of some (or all) of your issues. I go days, and sometimes weeks, without crashing. And Nesi, I'll admit to being an AutoCAD novice, but it makes me want to stomp kittens and then run them through a meat grinder.

I've been using AC for about 12 years or so, not in any sort of intensive way, I'm still an "intermediate" user at best.. I started doing 2D work in it when I was on the road and I had to get the shop at home to make me a part, since then I've used it to make several 3D things, my truck bumper was the most advanced and it turned out great.. Again, yes, absolutely frustrating at times!.. $^%%$ I don't you draw the #%#$ circle on the @#$@# plane I want!!!.. Nooo.. don't pick THAT #$%$ point, the one on top of it is the one I want!

Everything I build runs through Solidworks first for design check. I hate cutting material for anything before I know exactly what it needs to be. It's what happens when you place an engineer in a pasture. LOL

acb9b7cdd61416b9a219a647f27df6be.jpg

42aecab47c801ef31eb692a47112371c.png

23ef0d9beb457321d525723c33260e2c.png

where were you guys seeing on photobucket 3.99 per ,month for 3d party hosting
as mine says 399.99 per year , I have been moving my pictures back to my computer and uploading to flicker , and deleting photos from photobucket
Suzanne
I have had 2 computers die since I started using photobucket so it is the only place for some of my photos

suzorse":1c0ajznf said:
where were you guys seeing on photobucket 3.99 per ,month for 3d party hosting
as mine says 399.99 per year , I have been moving my pictures back to my computer and uploading to flicker , and deleting photos from photobucket
Suzanne
I have had 2 computers die since I started using photobucket so it is the only place for some of my photos

Honestly, I don't even know how much photobucket is charging. I just got an email that said I had to pay and I told them to get loaded in a bulls butt and get schidt in a river. LOL

Here's what I do on photos. What I did is bought an external hard drive that plugs into the USB port. About once a week or more, I'll drag all my photos off my phone or camera onto my PC hard drive. I folder them and organize. Then, every other week or so, I plug my external drive into the PC and run "GoodSync2Go," an free download sync tool. It will sync my PC folders with my external hard drive folders. If the PC dies, I have them all backed up. If the external drive dies, I have them all backed up on the PC. I don't believe in clouds and depending on having all my photos out there where a company can decided to change their policies and charge for you to use or get your own stuff back like photochukkit has just pulled. I like total control. I have lots of photos out on the web, but I have the master copies locked safe away. I can't imagine losing thousands of photos of my kids growing up. That would feel like a tornado took the entire house if I lost their pics.

There is some understanding when you sync folders you must know. You can "propagate deletions," do a one-way, a bi-directions, etc. You really need to know what it is doing before you start. Once you figure it out, just plug it in, double click it, and run it and go eat lunch. The set-up part is the important part. And there might be sync software out there that is better, that's just what I've used for a decade or better.

Latest posts