Photo bucket is making me angry.

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm most likely to vote my thoughts by deleting all the photos I have stored at photobucket leaving an account with nothing in it. The only reason I have the account is because I hit the storage limit at ranchers.net. I suppose Photobucket has the right to change the rules of the game....doesn't mean I'm going to pay to play. Besides, their site has always seemed temperamental if not downright buggy. its their choice to provide a useable site or not....looks to me like they are choosing NOT.

Here is the new thread - http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&p=1438036#p1438036 :D

We have lost valuable/educational material because of Photobucket's 'blackmail'...take for instance Milkmaids post for Beginners. Suppose we can start again though...

I've opened an account with Postimage. One can store your pics in a gallery etc and download to wherever. Or you can use the 'add image to post' without opening an account. If you don't want the small pic just open it, right click and 'copy image address', replace that image address with the 'small' image address on your thread.

Photobucket wrecked half the internet and 95% of the forums when they pulled their little greedy "send us money" stunt. They can take a fence post up the pooper as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering finding a free website host and making a single page website for the use of hosting my own images for free. I used to do with 50Megs.com on our band site, but I quite paying for that site. Most of my other frequented forums will let you upload images and host them on the server of the site....but that takes lots of storage and more moderation so I can see why it isn't allowed here.

4x4dually":3jmyxjh1 said:
Photobucket wrecked half the internet and 95% of the forums when they pulled their little greedy "send us money" stunt. They can take a fence post up the pooper as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering finding a free website host and making a single page website for the use of hosting my own images for free. I used to do with 50Megs.com on our band site, but I quite paying for that site. Most of my other frequented forums will let you upload images and host them on the server of the site....but that takes lots of storage and more moderation so I can see why it isn't allowed here.

Do you know why Tiny Pics now rejects some photos for uploading?

4x4dually":326igmjx said:
Bright Raven":326igmjx said:

Sure don't, sorry. I'm just now researching where to freely 3rd party host images. I've used photobucket since I started using forums in 2007.

Tiny Pics has been my favorite. I think they are owned by Photobucket. I recently am experiencing photos not uploading. My suspicion is they want to frustrate you into a paying membership.

4x4dually":d8otcnit said:
Bright Raven":d8otcnit said:
My suspicion is they want to frustrate you into a paying membership.

And people like THIS ^^^^^ are the ones that should be locked in a portable toilet and set on fire.

It is a nasty deceitful way to do business for sure! Thanks.

4x4dually":1ey0c14u said:
Bright Raven":1ey0c14u said:

Sure don't, sorry. I'm just now researching where to freely 3rd party host images. I've used photobucket since I started using forums in 2007.

If you find one that works well, please post it. Thanks.
Ron

Bright Raven":3s94wua8 said:

I mean, I get it. You offer something for "free" and everyone jumps on board; however, I can't possibly imagine how much time and money it takes to host billions of images. The funding had to come from somewhere and maybe it ran out. Maybe it is in fact simply greed. I'll probably never know. It just seems like a dagger to the heart to have a few thousand images stored up over the last 10 years and posted on thousands of forum pages only to have them jerked out from under you like a magic carpet that disappears in mid-flight. We are all coming down from our "free high." Here's some music to ease the pain.....but you'll have to skip the advertisements....***beats head on keyboard repeatedly.....

https://youtu.be/rqDq3eyTGck

4x4dually":2ongho56 said:
Bright Raven":2ongho56 said:

I mean, I get it. You offer something for "free" and everyone jumps on board; however, I can't possibly imagine how much time and money it takes to host billions of images. The funding had to come from somewhere and maybe it ran out. Maybe it is in fact simply greed. I'll probably never know. It just seems like a dagger to the heart to have a few thousand images stored up over the last 10 years and posted on thousands of forum pages only to have them jerked out from under you like a magic carpet that disappears in mid-flight. We are all coming down from our "free high." Here's some music to ease the pain.....but you'll have to skip the advertisements....***beats head on keyboard repeatedly.....

Exactly. I been using Tiny Pics free for years!!!

4x4dually":vkbmc364 said:
Bright Raven":vkbmc364 said:

I like that song. Thanks

Testing Picload.org.

img_1623.jpg

Imgbox test.

stupid a$$ computers....

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

Imgbox works fine on the diesel forum...but not here. This forum software doesn't play nice with the sizing format apparently.

Latest posts