Pharo Cattle Spring Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

I am getting a little rain :D - so enjoying it watching Pharo's sale on RFD-TV on Superior....

Now I don't care what you think of Kits ideas- and whether you think its a fad- program- scam or whatever, I wish I'd thought of it.... :shock: ;-) :lol:

So far out of 150 angus lots the cheapest has been $2500- with most selling in the $3000 to $4000 range....Lots of the bulls going to Montana and Wyoming-with quite a few to SD and Nebraska.......

Just watched a 1.6 Frame bull sell to Oklahoma for $5000 :shock:

The difference between his bulls and the LaGrand Angus bulls that sold last week is like night and day. I guess his operation works for a lot of people because he seems to have a strong following.

It appears that Pharo Cattle Co. has been making a habit of good sales. I think it is well past the point of being just a fad. And it must be working for a lot of cattlemen. After all money talks and B/S walks.

I was surprised at the bad hips and leg on a lot of the bulls. THe hips looked like the pins would fall right out and come loose in the sale ring. When they walked, the rear end swayed back and forth like pulling double trailers and the back trailer being loaded heavy on the top and to one side. It swayed back and forth constantly. The tendons pulled extremely tight between the hip and the stifle joint. Several had both fetlocks that could not break over when they walked. As the got to the point where they needed to pick their foot up, the fetlock remained straight. I saw some pygmy heads in the group. (Very short head with a deep dish) I get a sense of inbreeding. I was surprised at the quality of the animals. But I did see some decent bulls. He doesn't keep any numbers on his bulls. No carcass data.
Chuckie

Kit is a master of marketing.Get a bunch of bulls from other people, don't feed them, and sell them for for a rather impressive avg.

I do like some of genetics in the cattle he markets I just wonder if some of the bulls should have been cut.

Latest posts