Petroleum from waste biomass

Help Support CattleToday:

perda04

Reaction score
J.C. Bell, an agricultural researcher and CEO of Bell Bio-Energy, Inc., says he's isolated and modified specific bacteria that will, on a very large scale, naturally change plant material – including the leftovers from food – into hydrocarbons to fuel cars and trucks.

Bell Bio Energy

Now that oil is selling globally for in excess of $100 / barrel, lots of oil productions methods are viable. No one was looking at fractured shale when oil was $25 / barrel. If converting waste to oil can be done for less than drilling, why would an oil company buy and shelve the idea? Using it would mean greater profits if the production cost is lower and the end product is still priced on a global market.

So does this mean I could put some in a bucket, tie the bucket to my cows butt, come back a little while later and poor it in the car?
So how may cows for a fill up? :lol2:

I read in a magazine several years ago , that they can process turkey guts into fuel. Thats what they should be doing with cow and hog guts instead of charging us a disposal fee. They should be paying us for it.

novatech":2h4rst67 said:
So does this mean I could put some in a bucket, tie the bucket to my cows butt, come back a little while later and poor it in the car?
So how may cows for a fill up? :lol2:

whoooaaaa....not yet....you gotta let the gov't man come by and tell you how much you can produce, where you can look for it, and how much the tax is gonna be on it.

Seems a few months ago the gov of PA made a big deal out of being able to make diesel from (I think) oil shale. Haven;t heard a wrod about it since.

Too much money in the oil business for the politicians still. Wait until they are able to get their greedy little hands into other industries and then you'll see them produce...

I really think the O&G companies would like to get rid of the politicians. They would be drilling now if not for them. Most folks seem to hate companies like Exxon/Mobile even though you probably have money invested in their stock if you have money in a mutual fund or a 401-K (At least Exxon/Mobile didn't pull the value of it down). Anyway, 2007 Exxon/Mobile paid $30 billion in Federal Income Tax or a 41.4% tax rate. Pretty good income for Uncle Sam. That's more taxes than the bottom 50% of all FIT returns filed in 2007 paid or more than the taxes paid by 65 million people combined, and what they paid averaged 3% of taxable income. And you think these meetings with congress really amount to anything? The last thing big gov't wants is for oil company profits to fall.

Latest posts