Pet Peeves

Help Support CattleToday:

MY pet peeve is gotta' be someone who calls and makes as appointment with me to discuss a job they want done, and then their cell phone rings five times when we're talking and they have to answer it each time. The conservation ususlly starts with,"hello", followed by a few monents of silence, then, "not doing' anything, what are you doing". I have interupted them before and told them to call me when they have time to talk to me, and they can't stop me from leaving. Lost the job too, but I don't want to work for rude people anyway. My cell rings more than anyone's, but I never interupt anyone to answer it. That's why they made answer machines and caller ID. I'll quit bitchin' now, gs

plumber_greg":25lohuzv said:
MY pet peeve is gotta' be someone who calls and makes as appointment with me to discuss a job they want done, and then their cell phone rings five times when we're talking and they have to answer it each time. The conservation ususlly starts with,"hello", followed by a few monents of silence, then, "not doing' anything, what are you doing". I have interupted them before and told them to call me when they have time to talk to me, and they can't stop me from leaving. Lost the job too, but I don't want to work for rude people anyway. My cell rings more than anyone's, but I never interupt anyone to answer it. That's why they made answer machines and caller ID. I'll quit bitchin' now, gs
Good for you.
If you have to give up your own dignity and self respect for a job, then you don't have a job, you have slavery.
I suppose we all have to put up with stuff sometimes for awhile. But it is astounding the number of people that accept living permanently in slavery and don't even realize it.

I might work for little or nothing in order to accomplish something. But I will not long put up with disrespect and abuse for money.

Not putting things, especially tools, back where they belong :mad:

Close minded people who can't get along with those who are different from them.

...and many other little things that are just not important in the grand scheme of things -

however, spoiled children really get under my skin. The kids are annoying sure, but the parents are worse. I work with young people every day, and the vast majority I meet have no work ethic and no manners. I think it's normal for children to be selfish, impulsive and impatient, but when parents don't step in and teach them the value of hard work and good manners everyone suffers in the long run.

Here are a few of mine:
1. People that POUT.
2. Rude, unruly children.
3. Parents that make excuses for rude, unruly children. These are actually WORSE than the children!
4. TEXTING!! What idiot invented this? It's faster to call and talk!
5. The lady with the food stamps that buys beer and cigs and then gets into her Escalade with rims.
6. Parents who expect grandparents to raise thier children.
7. Males who wear jeans that show thier underwear and fall to thier knees when they try to run.
8. Women who wear jeans that show thier cracks, thongs, etc.. Have you ever noticed that these women are usually overweight?
9. People who gripe about the economy, but fail to realize that they have created thier own mess by thinking that they have to have a $300,000 home, 2 new cars, and 5 maxed out credit cards.
10. People that like to eat, but complain about farmers and ranchers. Where do they think thier food comes from?

Radio personalties that say, "its going to be a wonderful week with no rain in sight. Beautiful weather. etc etc" You know what I mean.

showmom33":3mkrk00b said:
Here are a few of mine:
1. People that POUT.
2. Rude, unruly children.
3. Parents that make excuses for rude, unruly children. These are actually WORSE than the children!
4. TEXTING!! What idiot invented this? It's faster to call and talk!
5. The lady with the food stamps that buys beer and cigs and then gets into her Escalade with rims.
6. Parents who expect grandparents to raise thier children.
7. Males who wear jeans that show thier underwear and fall to thier knees when they try to run.
8. Women who wear jeans that show thier cracks, thongs, etc.. Have you ever noticed that these women are usually overweight?
9. People who gripe about the economy, but fail to realize that they have created thier own mess by thinking that they have to have a $300,000 home, 2 new cars, and 5 maxed out credit cards.
10. People that like to eat, but complain about farmers and ranchers. Where do they think thier food comes from?
I agree with points 1, and 2. I also agree with 3-10.

FarmGirl10":3vgavyn6 said:
I'm sorry but whats wrong with texting?

My computer is not large enough for me to list all the many things. But please answer this. Why text? Why not just speak to one another on the phone and get it over with so you can get back to do something productive.

Jogeephus":2pg1appk said:
FarmGirl10":2pg1appk said:
I'm sorry but whats wrong with texting?

My computer is not large enough for me to list all the many things. But please answer this. Why text? Why not just speak to one another on the phone and get it over with so you can get back to do something productive.
Most of the time I talk instead of texting, but it is really nice when your at a concert, truck pulls, or any other loud event to be able to text them. Otherwise you won't be able to find them or know when your leaving.

Not too long ago a young girl near here was downloading something onto her cell phone, ran off the road, and killed a bicyclist. Caused quite a stir and, of course, there's now a big push to make cell phone use and texting illegal while driving. The girl was charged with reckless homicide, which tells me there are already laws on the books that cover such things and more laws would be redundant. Besides, you can't legislate common sense, which seems to be what we are trying to do more and more.

As for texting itself, I don't have a probllem with it, and I can see where it might come in handy at times. I don't understand some people's obsession with staying in constant contact with everyone they know, but as long as no one is hurt by it, what the heck. All I ask is that people use a little common sense and a little common courtesy. And if your actions end up hurting someone else, be prepared to take responsibility for them and pay the price.

Don't you think that it is absolutely ridiculous that they have to make it a law...that texting while driving is illegal.
Where the h@ll did common sense go? I mean why not read a book while driving or better yet get an old fashioned typewriter and type a letter while driving.. :roll:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people that drag their feet while wearing cowboy boots just to get a noise from them...I think that if I can wear my boots and not drag my feet then they should be able to do the same.

hillsdown":elvmvgmj said:
Don't you think that it is absolutely ridiculous that they have to make it a law...that texting while driving is illegal.
Where the h@ll did common sense go? I mean why not read a book while driving or better yet get an old fashioned typewriter and type a letter while driving.. :roll:

I agree and don't think a law would do any good other than make mom and dad pay for the fines. We too had a car full of high school girls killed last spring due to the driver texting while driving. It was a shame. Why go to a sports event or a concert if all you are going to do is sit there and text. I see it at our games. Just don't understand the attraction myself but I'm just an old fart.

People who drive 40 MPH down rock roads. They barely slow down when cattle is being moved. It's not safe to move cattle from pasture to pasture or ride horses down back roads anymore near where I live. :mad:

Not even sure why they live in the country if they're going to drive like they're in rush hour traffic all the time. I wish they would go back to the city! :devil2:

Impatient people, people who brag on themselves, and people who interrupt others while talking.

Just_a_girl":2dfpoarh said:
People who drive 40 MPH down rock roads. They barely slow down when cattle is being moved. It's not safe to move cattle from pasture to pasture or ride horses down back roads anymore near where I live. :mad:

Not even sure why they live in the country if they're going to drive like they're in rush hour traffic all the time. I wish they would go back to the city! :devil2:
Reminds me of a time late one evening I was moving cattle across such a road in the rain. A man came driving along in his automobile. He was not going that fast but he didn't stop or slow down.
Scattered my cows all over.

I knew he had to come back the same way, so I got my cows bunched back up and moved. Then I waited. When he came back down the road I stopped him and "spoke" to him and explained to him just what an idiot he was.

Strange thing was that he was of a mature age and worked at a dairy. :dunce:

Latest posts