Pen this one Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Caustic,

If you can rope the chicken that left this track, we're going to need a heck of a pot to cook it in.

ChickenFoot.jpg

Not one of them Dang Emu's is it had a bunch around when they went belly up. After shootin a couple I understand how come they went under that's one bad tasting yard bird.

Naw. A paleantologist friend tells me this was an acrocanthasaurus, or something like that, that lived on my place 110 million years ago. I'll have to take his word for it since I'm not quite that old. Mud infilled the track and it solidified into a thin piece of limestone. I flipped it up with the backhoe and left the teeth mark on the left side. That was a shame. I would have used a rock bar to lift it had I known what was on bottom. That dude had one heck of a set of claws on him. No telling what you'll find when you get to digging fence posts in this country.

You in the Palo Dura Canyon area? If that bird left his track in East Texas somebody would put him a pot. My old Dad use to say times were good when a rabbit or possum would cross the road cause when he was a boy someone would be behind them for supper. If it has fin,feathers or fur we will fry it for supper.

I'm out west of Ft Worth, west of a town called Granbury. You go dipping that backhoe around here you get into all kinds of things.

thats cool, all we find here is the occasional seashell in limestone and a lot of arrowheads and pottery.

backhoeboogie":1mjkzxl1 said:
I'm out west of Ft Worth, west of a town called Granbury. You go dipping that backhoe around here you get into all kinds of things.

Been there went to the Atlas ranch lookin at some Herefords wife bought about 6 grand in antiques(sp) while I was cow shopping enough to fill the trailer, haven't cared much for Grandbury since.

Latest posts