Pay no attention to this post

Help Support CattleToday:

If it weren't for 'em, me and my wife wouldn't never get to do nothing as just the two of us.
And good parents really really do deserve (and need) some 'us time'.
Grandparents understand that, because they've been there, done that themselves.

And it's a lucky lucky couple that can have 'em babysit both the kids and cattle for a few days!!

A family here had twins. Father got to name them. Rudolph and Adolf next set the wife named. Get off and stay off !

It was before my time, but I remember my father talking about a local couple who had nine daughters. The last two were named Ada and Nina. He'd tell people that after seven they ran out of names and started numbering them.

And good parents really really do deserve (and need) some 'us time'.
Grandparents understand that, because they've been there, done that themselves.

And it's a lucky lucky couple that can have 'em babysit both the kids and cattle for a few days!!

My neighbor came to me the other day asking if I wanted to buy his place and I said yeah. I told my in-laws to sell their place that is a half hour away and take this one. I was already thinking about the kids and cattle thing.

It was before my time, but I remember my father talking about a local couple who had nine daughters. The last two were named Ada and Nina. He'd tell people that after seven they ran out of names and started numbering them.
Texas once had a Governor named Jim Hogg. (1890s) He had one daughter, which he named Ima. Not, Imogene..just Ima, with no middle name. Born 1882, and died in 1975, never married. She was very much a philanthropist and did lots of good things for Texas and it's citizens.

(The rumor that she had a sister named Ura is exactly that. It's false)

USA has 13 'belts' some well known others... are you kidding me?
1. Bible belt
2. Rust belt
3. Corn belt
4. The Sun belt - southern usa from coast to coast
5. Wheat belt runs north to south
6. Frost belt - obviously northern states
7. Snow belt
8. Cotton belt - about 9 and 1/2 southern states
9. Black belt - southern states with high black population and were rooted in slavery
10. Rice belt - a stretch of counties in Arkansas (the hub) Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Missouri
11. The Jell-O Belt - aka the Morman Corridor, Utah and parts of surrounding states. Named for eating twice the amount of Jell-O
as eaten nationally.
12. The Stoke Belt - 11 states in southeastern usa with highest rates of strokes.
13. The Unchurched Belt - opposite of the bible belt in the southeast it's in the northwest, 4 states with lowest church attendance, Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

There have been other belts over the years, for example I remember when Stearns County Mn was called the Silver Buckle of the
Dairy Belt, but that faded away.

1. Bible belt
2. Rust belt
3. Corn belt
7. Snow belt
9. Black belt - southern states with high black population and were rooted in slavery
10. Rice belt - a stretch of counties in Arkansas (the hub) Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Missouri
11. The Jell-O Belt - aka the Morman Corridor, Utah and parts of surrounding states. Named for eating twice the amount of Jell-O
as eaten nationally.
12. The Stoke Belt - 11 states in southeastern usa with highest rates of strokes.
13. The Unchurched Belt - opposite of the bible belt in the southeast it's in the northwest, 4 states with lowest church attendance, Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

There have been other belts over the years, for example I remember when Stearns County Mn was called the Silver Buckle of the
The term Black Belt is used to denote the soil type (in Alabama usage of the word) much more so than it has any reference to black populations.

The term Black Belt is used to denote the soil type (in Alabama usage of the word) much more so than it has any reference to black populations.
Correct, that was how it was originally defined and because it covered an area in the south dominated by slave owning plantations
it mutated nationally into being a reference to Afro-American heavy populations still living there.

Last edited:
Correct, that was how it was originally defined and because it covered an area in the south dominated by slave owning plantations
it muted nationally into being a reference to Afro-American heavy populations still living there.
Yessir. Killed my first buck there, popped a niner with a broken rack through both lungs with my old Model 7, before I even had a scope on it. I was eight years old.

1. Bible belt
2. Rust belt
3. Corn belt
7. Snow belt
as eaten nationally.

Is Kansas in the Jell-O belt? I'm asking because about 25 years ago I spent the night there on the way to North Dakota. The restaurant near the hotel offered three options for your appetizer; soup, salad, or Jello-O. That seemed odd to me, because I'd always thought of it as more of a dessert.

1. Bible belt
2. Rust belt
3. Corn belt
7. Snow belt
as eaten nationally.

There is the little belt and Big Belt mountains in Montana.

miscellaneous trivia

The umbrella was originally invented for women to use for shade 4,000 years ago.
It wasn't until the 1700s that it was socially acceptable for a man to use an umbrella in the rain.

Scale. Scale and starting qualifications.
I don't understand what you are saying.
Wal-Mart starting qualifications are stricter than Harvard?
or
Wal-Mart receives 97% more applications than job openings?
33.3 applications per hire for Wal-Mart vs 21 student applications per student accepted at Harvard.

Last edited:

Latest posts