Pay day

Help Support CattleToday:

Took some steers to the sale to help pay for a new bull. Looking hard at the rest of what I got to take now with these prices. View attachment 44217
Nice! What sale was this, @Down in Dixie ? And what do the numbers under "scale" mean? That description on the last one.. Does it mean it is a BIG, or does it mean it is a BAD.... MF'er? LOL

Nice! What sale was this, @Down in Dixie ? And what do the numbers under "scale" mean? That description on the last one.. Does it mean it is a BIG, or does it mean it is a BAD.... MF'er? LOL
It was midstate stockyard in Letohatchee. I believe scale was the order that cow went over the scale. So the top one was the 662 cow to go over the scale. Last one was a black motley face.

My husband and I used to enjoy going to bull sales when we were just friends. This to us was a date.

One time I saw a cream colored Beefmaster bull, heavily muscled of the original Lasater type , in the pens. He had back tipped horns and curly hair on his neck and shoulders. (testicular circumfrence 38 cm). He resembled the Greek God Zeus. I asked him to bid on this bull. He said that bull would throw his bulls through the fences. He liked to buy young bulls for this reason.

The white bull came into the ring and I raised my hand. Husband told me that bull will not stay in your yard. I put my hand up again. He grabbed my hand and took it down. I grabbed his hand and put it up. This continued. The auctioneer stopped the auction and said Well lookie what we got here.

I did not purchase the bull.

Last edited:
Our cattle done pretty good that we sold Tuesday.
Pairs they split that had bigger calves brought 33-$3,400.
Pairs they kept together brought up to $2,600
Two calves were born at the barn, we started to take them back home but a guy offered us $1,850/pair so we took it, they were really nice cows.
60 cows and 34 calves brought over $122k before commission.
We sold a round of calves off the cows, ( some we sold two calves) and for what we paid for them two years ago, we done really well.

Latest posts