pasture sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I have and older pasture sprayer but it seems to spray about 20' + or - to the right and maybe 5' to 7' to the left was told that it may not have the right type of nozzle. It is old and I know very little about sprayers, any help on what I need to do ?

It looks like a Hamilton nozzle
The screw that's sticking out the end can be removed and remove plates to spray both sides or right or left.

It may be worn, clogged, corroded, screw sticking out may not be sealing the plate, not enough pressure or gpm

New nozzle isn't but 20 or so
Going from memory they offer a 5, 10 and 20 gpm nozzle

Is that a half inch pipe feeding it? It looks kinda old and might be pretty corroded inside. Wind has a negative effect on a spray pattern especially if the pressure to the nozzle is restricted. If your spraying with say 20 lbs of pressure but you have a partial clog in between the gauge and the nozzle you won't have 20 lbs at the nozzle. The charts say it should do about 50 ft @ 30 lbs pressure. I rebuilt mine this past year. Replaced old piping and fittings. Since I added folding booms I bought two new nozzle also. I used to calculate about a 30 ft spray pattern on one nozzle so built the booms to place the nozzles 25 ft apart. It is easily spraying a 60 ft swath with plenty of overlap. I used all 3/4 inch lines and fittings till its reduced to 1/2 inch at the nozzle.

It is a 1/2 '' pipe ,I have redone some of it, I can take the nozzle off and it seems to spray out fine ???
been looking online and there is a V-nozzle that sprays both directions thought that may be the way to go???

You can see from the picture how the plates work
I think they on to spray one side only or the screw sticking out is loose

Cross-7":30d4a99o said:

You can see from the picture how the plates work
I think they on to spray one side only or the screw sticking out is loose

think I understand now :cboy: plate on left sprays both ways and right plate only sprays one way. Mine has a plate like the one on the right , so I need another plate .
thanks everyone

Your picture shows you have two plates. Look to see which one you are using. The extra plate stores behind the one in use.

I'd put a screen filter just before the nozzle to catch anything that would get hung in the nozzle.

Latest posts