pasture renting tips

Help Support CattleToday:

footballjdtractor

Reaction score
I have heard through the grapevine that a landlord with some sizable acreage for this area might be willing to rent out his pasture. The acres are currently being cut for hay. The landlord has become dissatisfied with the current renter because of lack of replacing fertility and lime. The current renter also hasn't hauled his hay from this summer out of the fields. My question is how is the best way to approach the landlord. If I could pick this pasture up it would be a big deal for our operation we could more than double the amount of cows we could run. I want to come across serious about the offer but not to pushy. I have all my numbers together regarding how much I can afford to pay. Does anyone have any advice in this area? What do you think you did right? If you got rejected what would you do different? I think we have a pretty good reputation in this area. We have not lost a rented property ,other than due to a sell, in my life. Thanks

Approach him and tell him that if it ever came up for lease you would be interested in talking to him about it. If he does not answer right off you have planted the seed for him to think about. Until he is ready u just have to be in his thoughts.

yepp kenny hitt the nail on the head.just go tell him youd like to lease it if it came up for lease.

Ditto. I've bought two pieces of land just like that and to this day people wonder how in the heck I was able to swing it when it was only planting the seed and being very patient and be ready and willing when the urge hit the person.

Latest posts