Pasture rent value - Upper East TN (Carter Co)

Help Support CattleToday:

SJB

Reaction score
I'm going to be closing on a new farm around the 1st week of August. It's 32ac with a good barn, grain silo, good fence, spring water and good gates. About 20-25 ac of decent fescue and clovers.

What's the going rate on rent for something like that? There's 11 head of Herefords on it now, and the grass is knee high everywhere, it it's supposed to get mowed in the next couple weeks. I don't think the Hereford owner is interested in paying (he's there free now).

I just want something on it for the next year or two until I can get started on my own. I might be interested in something on shares.

SJB":1fzyyf6x said:
I'm going to be closing on a new farm around the 1st week of August. It's 32ac with a good barn, grain silo, good fence, spring water and good gates. About 20-25 ac of decent fescue and clovers.

What's the going rate on rent for something like that? There's 11 head of Herefords on it now, and the grass is knee high everywhere, it it's supposed to get mowed in the next couple weeks. I don't think the Hereford owner is interested in paying (he's there free now).

I just want something on it for the next year or two until I can get started on my own. I might be interested in something on shares.

Wish u where alittle closer I would love some more pasture ground. Around here pasture ground really varies in price anywhere from 50$-100$ and acre. Sometimes more sometimes less. Your not far from me but around my area it would be very easy to find someone willing to pay u to use your pasture. Pasture and hay ground are in high demand!

We've got 90A of good ground rented for $30/a. We have a 10yr lease agreement.

Probaly 1100 to 1500 dollars if it is turn in ready. If the fences need any work and renter has to put money into it the price would come down from there. We have one place that we get for free, but build 300ft or so of fence every year trying to get the fences in good shape. Each place is different.

Latest posts