pasture aeration

Help Support CattleToday:

jbar

Reaction score
has anyone used one before ,and what was the results ,i just used one it rented for $125/per day,like the consept . :cboy:

Had a Vo. Ag. teacher that said anything that you do is better than nothing but I understand that the so-called experts claim that you are wasting fuel doing it.

I am going to use one to start some seed this year. I tried it on a smaller area last year and worked well. Will let you know later the results.

Loosens the soil so the roots can grow better, allows what rain that does fall to absorb more instead of runnin off. I'm sure there's more benefits than that.
I spent a couple days diskin lightly about 70 acres a few weeks back and the grass there is hoppin more than what wasn't disked.

I know a guy that does it all the time and swears by it.But all the ag university write ups I have read states it does not pay for the fuel.I can't help but think it would have to help though.I hope to get me one one of these days. ;-) :cboy:

From the information that U of MO Columbia and the ag station put out, it depends on the type of soil and the forage. Since for our soils it doesn;t do any good I quit paying attention at that point.

dun

any time you have compaction like tractor tires cattle hoolve action. the ground could benifit from aeration best way to tell is take a shovel and penetrate the soil youll be able to tell pretty quick if it well benifit you to aerate

ive tried on several fields both pasture and hay could tell no differance ,only that i was out several hundred dollars rent,in the late spring i had less grass on aeriated fields than the ones left alone

Latest posts