Paint ball gun

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess the cowboy hat and wranglers will become obsolete. Here is what the Modern day cowboy will look like when it is time for working his calves. :lol:

photo04.jpg

have to say, what good is marking a calf you can't get anyway? i have a cap chur gun for distance injections of needed medicines, but have rarely used it as your chances of tagging the wrong animal are pretty good especially in a herd situation. A paint ball gun really has a sting to it on the wrong end....wait till later when yer old lady decides to get even.... :D :( :eek: :shock: :roll:

Beefy":3qmjjoe7 said:
could one use a paint ball gun to shoot kumquats?

Depends on how fast the kumquat is running when you try to shoot it

dun

Look They sell paintball guns at Wal Mart and beef that one is a $20 piece of **** if you could hit a barn from 10 foot away with that thing I would be surprised. I have a tippman 98 custom it is semi auto and has refillable co2 rather than the disposable ones like yours. Any how at Wal-Mart they have several to choose frome just try a semi auto they are MUCH more accurate. The whole comparison to a BB gun isn't very realistic I use to compete in tournaments and we had to clock our guns before getting on the field. Some guns will shoot hot like 600feet per second, typically you will recognise this by the Paintballs breaking in air before they get to the target, they should be respected. The one Beef has doesn't shoot anywhere near that fast, but still wouldn't feel good. The average gun should shoot like 300 FPS.

allenfarms":yp4gnlwk said:
Look They sell paintball guns at Wal Mart and beef that one is a $20 piece of be nice if you could hit a barn from 10 foot away with that thing I would be surprised. I have a tippman 98 custom it is semi auto and has refillable co2 rather than the disposable ones like yours. Any how at Wal-Mart they have several to choose frome just try a semi auto they are MUCH more accurate. The whole comparison to a BB gun isn't very realistic I use to compete in tournaments and we had to clock our guns before getting on the field. Some guns will shoot hot like 600feet per second, typically you will recognise this by the Paintballs breaking in air before they get to the target, they should be respected. The one Beef has doesn't shoot anywhere near that fast, but still wouldn't feel good. The average gun should shoot like 300 FPS.

Allen you ever come compete at the bunker in Seneca MO? My parents live on highway just mile down the road. My kids like to go there. Both boys have paint ball guns, not sure what models but they can flat zip them things.

Ps. What part of Ark are you in?

River Valley Closest "known town" is Clarksville.
When I was younger I played alot I havn't actually played in a couple years. I have a brother that is much younger than me and I messed around w/ some of his buddies like 2 years ago. When I was younger I really enjoyed it I played with guys in their 50's to kids and it was a blast.

It is so Realistic you know them things hurt like a bigdog!

I don't know where these boys got their info about Paintball bein invented for cattle and trees, The truth is the US Military developed the Idea Initially for training purposes to provide that real life feel without using live rounds.

IluvABbeef":21dnmzgc said:
How else are you gonna mark a sick or lame calf that you can't get to, those type that are the "now you see me, now you don't" type? You can get that animal within a hundred yards with a paint ball gun, without having to actually go in and start chasing at the risk of getting the others you don't want riled up.

Or is this a stupid idea? Lemme know...

I use a paint ball gun to shoot them because i go out and find them and i just shoot them a couple times and then a little later my hired hands come and get them and work them and it dont make them stamped and even a b-b gun dont do much to the cow

allenfarms":1501uwve said:
Look They sell paintball guns at Wal Mart and beef that one is a $20 piece of be nice if you could hit a barn from 10 foot away with that thing I would be surprised. I have a tippman 98 custom it is semi auto and has refillable co2 rather than the disposable ones like yours. Any how at Wal-Mart they have several to choose frome just try a semi auto they are MUCH more accurate. The whole comparison to a BB gun isn't very realistic I use to compete in tournaments and we had to clock our guns before getting on the field. Some guns will shoot hot like 600feet per second, typically you will recognise this by the Paintballs breaking in air before they get to the target, they should be respected. The one Beef has doesn't shoot anywhere near that fast, but still wouldn't feel good. The average gun should shoot like 300 FPS.

:roll: I couldn't care less whether you think it's a peice of crap or if it's too slow, I can shoot a barn that's 20 feet away or more, and I've tried it, it's cheap 'cause it's no use wastin a 200 buck gun if it's gonna get runover or trampled to nothin.
Not in the professional paintball thing, no intention of goin into it just usin it for marking thats all. Only use it if calves are new and unfamiliar (like I said a couple pages ago.) :roll:

Besides, glad you like those 300fps markers. ;-)

Latest posts