Fence Staple Gun

Help Support CattleToday:

CCCowman

Reaction score
Bought a pneumatic fence staple gun and a smaller gasoline powered air compressor. Works FANTASTIC but lugging the air compressor around is a bit clumsy.

I was wondering if one of those air compressor for trucks air horns/car air bags would work (google: Summitt Racing UPD-46154). Mount that to the tractor some way and it be right there.I think it would work with 140 PSI and 1.5 gallon tank. Sounds to easy. What am I missing?

My experience with our staple gun would indicate that you would need a bigger reservoir than 1.5 gallons.

We have a 20 gallon compressor and carry a generator and compressor on a trailer. Last time we worked on fence, we had a whole rig setup to unwind fence, staple and posts, everything all on the trailer and easy to move around. We have pondered the idea of setting up the rig full time, so we just pull it out from under the shed when we need it, but the trailer has other uses. But only takes 15-20 minutes to get everything together for the trailer as well.

Neighbor has a set up like you described. He puts it in a trailer behind a quad plus he has a lot of air hose for those places that he can't get the quad close to. Works great for him.

Yep, 1.5 gal tank is too small for much pneumatic work, but I guess it would depend on the CFM of the compressor. I have a small pancake compressor with that size tank I use with my framing gun and I have to wait for it to build up sometimes if I'm really popping nails in & Spraying paint with it is a no go.