Pain in the A$$ pair

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT":1owltonz said:
SchenkAngusFarm":1owltonz said:
I'd take her to the sale barn. Problems cows are problem cows. The problems will only get worse and I don't think anyone will want her for their farm imo.
I might would if she is cheap enough and can wean a big calf with low maintenance. Turn her in a place with good corral and forget about her, mess with her once or twice a year.

I hear you. Everyone is different. I guess I just don't have patience for attitudes. I like them to be good mommas but not to the point where it's a problem.

I remember I got rid of my favorite herd sire ever out of Freightliner when he started acting up. I could pet him and then one day he went nuts and broke a gate and some pen fencing. Got rid of him the next day.

We had a cow like that which wouldn;t come up to be worked. Got tired of messing with her. Sadly she raised 1 bull we kept as a herd sire and 1 we sold to a neighbor as a herd sire. The bulls were never an issue cause wherever their girls went they went.

Got few cows are like that.....sold them and my life just got MUCH easier. Smooth work and fast work with the cattle I ever had in the two last years.

I gotta cow kinda like that from the auction, she has warmed a little but her calf never has. He still stays out in the pasture when they come in to feed. She was scared of my ATV for a while, not anymore. But her calf has been trained to be scared of it. Anytime it hears me coming, it bolts for the brush. She will be gone when she breeds back.

I've got one yesterday that I'm now having attitude problems with. She's a great cow phenotypically but she won't go in the chute anymore and she can fit.

I'm going to send her out. Can't deal with it.

SchenkAngusFarm":2tombdaa said:
I've got one yesterday that I'm now having attitude problems with. She's a great cow phenotypically but she won't go in the chute anymore and she can fit.

Just takes a little elec. on her back side and she will go in the shoot.

BRYANT":1b1dc52h said:
SchenkAngusFarm":1b1dc52h said:

Or straight up and over the top.

I'm kinda surprised at how many people say ship her.

BRYANT":13se8fa0 said:
SchenkAngusFarm":13se8fa0 said:

She got a good amount of electric in her backside and she wouldn't go. I ultimately had to back her out. She was not moving.

Craig Miller":uu90hidm said:
BRYANT":uu90hidm said:
SchenkAngusFarm":uu90hidm said:

Or straight up and over the top.

I'm kinda surprised at how many people say ship her.
depends on how your corrals are, she's not going over the top of mine. That maybe the reason I don't get real concern with wild cattle, I have a set of pens to work them in that they are not' getting out of.

One of the things I learned early on on this board was when you feed them make the only exit thru the chute. I've done this and it has made my life easier.

Latest posts