Our whoopsie child -video

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score
My brother grabbed the wrong straw when the momma was in heat, of course she would settle, and hate to waste a calf especially when you have an experienced cow, she's a solid red 1/2 Belgian Blue out of Cherry Bomb, her calf is by BB Fabricant.
We still breed BB, but typically lower % BB, we wanna hover closer to the 50% for easy calving.
But.
This oops will be useful to us.
In our experience high % momma's make scale busting calves, so not gonna let her go.
We won't forget that she has more BB (like we did on mom), she'll make some nice SimmyX calves for us I'm sure.
Kelly, our little mistake
Just under a month here
[youtube]5zgFSFELhDM[/youtube]

Can't wait to see the pictures when she's six months old!!! I enjoyed the pictures of your BB cattle.

Here's one of my neighbor's BB x Angus calves out of a commercial Angus cow and a registered BB bull. He's just three months old in that pic.
IMG_20140802_174640_640_zps87de589f.jpg

Anne, that is a beautiful heifer. She is so pretty, she doesn't look real. What a magnificent rump she has. I can't imagine what she is going to look like when she grows up. So sweet!
I love her colors, she looks like she is made of chocolate and white chocolate.

I find myself coming back to look at your little heifer. I have decided that she is the perfect cow to put in the pasture with some Appaloosa horses, and no one would be able to tell the difference unless they looked really hard. She has a spectacular back side.

Will you keep us posted on her growth? I would love to see her at different stages.

Well the lady that asked us to name the calf after her was out to see her today, so here Kelly the calf is about one month and one week old. Was born July 12th.
This is a back side shot

Kelly scratching Kelly's butt. She said she's jealous.
Lol. Said she's a rockstar :)

Her son James with Kelly, he's around 6'

Today I got to take a field trip to Glacier Ridge and see Kelly first hand. I will say she is not what some would consider normal but she is a very nice calf. That calf is all muscle. I think even if you would take out the DM you would still have a nice calf just based on her age and size. It will be neat to see what she looks like a year from now.

Latest posts