Our place in winter

Help Support CattleToday:

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr looks cold to me!!
dave? you left az for that? :D
darn and it was only 69 here today, cold snap!!! :D
excuse me i gotta stoke the fireplace! :D
all kiddin aside pretty place

I left AZ cause of the expansion...high dollar homes where I used to hunt deer...and a divorce. Had a claim in the western Bradshaws and the lights from Phoenix lit the sky, sixty miles away.
Nice day did, get into the 20's.....our neighbors to the north are probabling laufing now...I do like to jump the border for some skiing...now Canada has some great powder. Yeah, I learned how to ski when I moved up here, Kellogg, Idaho in the winter and I don't drink so I had to find something to do...made alot of snow angles for a few years there. DMc

Whats snow? Down here if it snows, its more like ice. Then everything shuts down. No schools, no work, nothing. People here have a hard enough time driving on wet pavement much less icy roads. I think its better they stay at home when once every 3-4 yrs it snows.

csutton

Susie David":s8e739dr said:
I do like to jump the border for some skiing...now Canada has some great powder. Yeah, I learned how to ski when I moved up here, Kellogg, Idaho in the winter and I don't drink so I had to find something to do...made alot of snow angles for a few years there. DMc

Hmmmm, I wonder if I still remember how to ski? I didn't make so many snow angels, but I did get very good at the snowplow maneuver the first few times I went skiing! :lol: :lol:

It's also a sneaky sport - most things you're sore the next day, skiing doesn't hit you til the 2nd day! Did you notice that Dave?

Nice Pictures. I can almost hear the crunch of the snow under foot.
Bret

Beautiful place. I'd have to go into hibernation if I lived there! I get cold just looking at all that snow. Haven't seen snow around here in 20 years.

Nice pics!!

I love snow, as long as it doesn't come in a disabling amount, as in more than 6-8 inches at a time. :D

It's always fun to go out and play in the snow while feeding or doing other chores. Sometimes we even drive the back roads to see if there are any drifts and whether we can make it through them. Usually we keep a 5th of "antifreeze" with us in case we do get stuck and have to wait for someone to come and pull us out. As a teenager, when I went out on snowy winter weekend nights, I always took my bib overalls and a runner sled, just incase we decided to go sledding. We'd all drive gravel roads until we found the best hill and then we'd sled in the moonlight. That was a blast!!

I digress.......

I remember back in ' 87 we got freak snow in April that was about 8-9 inches. Then there was the blizzard of ' 93 when we got a foot of snow and had 50 MPH winds. The weathermen warned everyone not to venture out in it due to the bitter cold, but I went exploring with my Rat Terriers because I doubt I'll ever see that again in Alabama. It was something to see, especially for someone who lives in a place where our snow is rain and "snow drifts" are ruts in the mud!

J. T.":3l9gizb9 said:
It was something to see, especially for someone who lives in a place where our snow is rain and "snow drifts" are ruts in the mud!

J. T., I don't think there is anything prettier than the sun shining on fresh, pristine snow and setting all the ice crystals (or whatever they are) to twinkling! It's just beautiful! Of course, it will temporarily blind a person in a heartbeat, but dang it's gorgeous! :D

msscamp":1homhbuk said:
J. T.":1homhbuk said:
It was something to see, especially for someone who lives in a place where our snow is rain and "snow drifts" are ruts in the mud!

J. T., I don't think there is anything prettier than the sun shining on fresh, pristine snow and setting all the ice crystals (or whatever they are) to twinkling! It's just beautiful! Of course, it will temporarily blind a person in a heartbeat, but dang it's gorgeous! :D
Yes, it is.....what few times I've seen it. God does wonderful things, doesn't He?

J. T.":1ti2igrv said:
msscamp":1ti2igrv said:
J. T.":1ti2igrv said:

Yes, it is.....what few times I've seen it. God does wonderful things, doesn't He?

Yes, He does! :D