We were tempted a few too many times last year and bought some "new" equipment

an IH 684, bought in 2 (broken) halves
Before
IMG_0686.jpg

After
IMG_0852.jpg

an old 1954 Allis Chalmers HD6 dozer
Img_5578.jpg

and my own purchase, an 1960's Ariens rototiller, bought siezed solid, now it starts on the first pull every time (can you tell we had leftover Allis paint? oh well, it's the right orange)
IMG_6272.jpg

it's fun to do as well, the Allis we bought for 4000 delivered, and put about 1000 into it, but the previous owner had just put 9000 into the undercarriage (you can tell by the look of the tracks), the IH 684 cost us a total of 3400, and the rototiller I paid 200 for, and put about 50 bucks into it for axle seals and paint, and when I look at new rototillers, none are built close to how this one is built... the drive chain is a 60 series chain, and it has seen a lot of hours (berry farm or something), but everything is like new..

Another piece of garbage we picked up was a briggs powered diaphragm pump, the pump is worth 600, and the engine again was siezed, I got it running in an evening, and will save the engine for when the cement mixer engine packs it in (won't be too long)

Looks like your ready to play with some dirt! What are you planning on doing? Sure looks like it was a pretty day when you shot your pictures. Happy Easter.

sounds like you made some real good buys.we bought alot of equipment last year as well,but it was all new stuff.

hehe, now we just need the dirt to push... the brush rack is a good idea, but we aren't really going to be clearing land with the machine, it'll be more for leveling building areas, etc, and clearing the odd road

As for the pictures, I wait for the nice days to take them... we haven't had that many recently, but it's finally warming up... I'm scared of what runoff is going to be like this year :O

Latest posts