Our first calf EVER was born last night!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

j&lfarms

Reaction score

We had to give her a little help but everything went fairly well. I think she was bred to a charolais or red angus. The little bull calf is just starting to get on his feet underneath him. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice in the last few months!

Well it may take this one a little longer than a year to get there, but I do think we will see 1000lb cattle at 1.20.

Congrats on your first calf! I agree with Alison, some extra feed would help mom get the calf to a good start while mom is still growing, I assuming she's a first calf heifer. A little grain would help with that. Calf and mom look great.

$1200 is a reasonable price in about 18 months after the little guy is cut and wrapped an in the freezer.

Alan" $1200 is a reasonable price in about 18 months after the little guy is cut and wrapped an in the freezer.[/quote said:
I'm glad it don't work that way for me. Right now at 850lbs there about 1100$

I just love seeing a new calf. It looks like mom is very attentive. I would definitely supplement her with feed. Enjoy your baby calf, he looks really sweet.

Possibly red angus sired and certainly not Charolais. That young heifer is in awfully thin shape. Judging from the amount of forage in the back ground, I would expect her to be much heavier. Has she been wormed? How old is she? Congrats on your new calf!

Good start. People are right on the supplementing. Crabgrass will be out soon that will help.

ga.prime":1s8tgarh said:
Rowdy":1s8tgarh said:
Possibly red angus sired and certainly not Charolais.
You've never seen red calves come from charolais? I have.

Only if they were red factor chars that didn't carry the diluter. Otherwise, no you haven't.

Latest posts