Other Activities?...I know you have some!

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg":2wzsgpg9 said:
I like to get up early, do chores, go to work, watch Sara's butt, scream at the phone for ringing all the time, raise birds and give them away, raise my cows.
I guess since I got my first cattle dog, I now kinda like to chase cows. Did I mention that I like to watch Sara's butt work? gs
This post is not good without pictures. I have been hearing about Sara's butt for a long time......I think it is time we got to judge how nice it really is :mrgreen: :lol:

If I have time to waste...I want to waste it trail riding on a good horse....little soothes my soul as much as this does....I have been fortuate in the last few years to discover a friend who is of similar temperment and disposition as myself and we enjoy traveling down the trail at a similar pace. It is not uncommon at all for us to haul horses two hours one way to ride for a few hours in some beautiful setting away from the daily cares and concerns....We even enjoy the driving there and back....

unfortunately too many people know my schedule....
this weekend I have to work the neighbors cows friday morning to pull cidrs and give pg2a....go to the doctor for my quarterly check up and blood letting friday afternoon....take the new dog to the vet to get heartworm pills some time friday...
saturday work more cows... breeding a small group
then go to a Rocky Mountain horse club meeting where I am the secretary and enjoy a Christmas Luncheon.
sunday help my cousin treat a lame cow....then breed more cows....
somewhere in there I have to squeeze in regular chores and wood hauling for the wood stove and time for the dogs....
I love my dogs too....Check my blog for dog doings....lost my old girl Rose last week but we took delivery on a new one on saturday and he is keeping us hopping....Check my blog.... two new posts Rose, and First Days with Apache.

http://pdfangus.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/rose/

Now that I'm bawling - I wanted to say that I've read your blog before and you should write books. You are really, really good. Thank your for sharing.
My blue healer is 16 years old. Having just lost my husband, I know it won't be long before I am faced with losing Stetson also. Right now, he is in great health. Can't really hear anything, and is getting to where he doesn't see very well, but lively & active. He lets my Miniature Schnauzer "think" he's boss - until something seems important enough - than he puts Razzamataz down - at which point I have to break it up - because Razz doesn't know to quit. He thinks he's 100#.
I love to bass fish and I deer hunt - although they were activities that the two of us always did together.

chippie":i51ovtlq said:
I hate trapping. Just kill the animal. Don't torture it. I am sorry that I opened your thread.
Everyone has a right to a opinion, even if it is wrong.

The majority of my time is spent chasing kids, 5 & 3. With both in school there's lots of running and activities that keeps my wife and I plenty busy. I enjoy hunting, fishing, and still find time to golf a bit. My wife just completed her first half marathon and has twisted my arm to start running. My first 5K is coming up next Friday. We are both involved with our local church and several other community boards or organizations. I've also been recently talked in to running for our local school board.

Nice thread idea Sim.

J&D Cattle":rdfzndxw said:
The majority of my time is spent chasing kids, 5 & 3. With both in school there's lots of running and activities that keeps my wife and I plenty busy. I enjoy hunting, fishing, and still find time to golf a bit. My wife just completed her first half marathon and has twisted my arm to start running. My first 5K is coming up next Friday. We are both involved with our local church and several other community boards or organizations. I've also been recently talked in to running for our local school board.

Nice thread idea Sim.

The school board will run you crazy trust me.

Caustic Burno":7fs6r8ye said:
J&D Cattle":7fs6r8ye said:

Nice thread idea Sim.

The school board will run you crazy trust me.

That's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully I can win and get my service out of the way before the kids reach high school and start playing sports. I can still remember people talking about board member kids and why they got playing time. To much BS nowadays.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3man5n33 said:
Now that I'm bawling - I wanted to say that I've read your blog before and you should write books. You are really, really good. Thank your for sharing.
My blue healer is 16 years old. Having just lost my husband, I know it won't be long before I am faced with losing Stetson also. Right now, he is in great health. Can't really hear anything, and is getting to where he doesn't see very well, but lively & active. He lets my Miniature Schnauzer "think" he's boss - until something seems important enough - than he puts Razzamataz down - at which point I have to break it up - because Razz doesn't know to quit. He thinks he's 100#.
I love to bass fish and I deer hunt - although they were activities that the two of us always did together.

thanks Jean for the kind words.....
I have never had a big enough idea to fill up a book....I sort of write in fits and spurts and have to have something happen that makes me want to write...

I hope I did not open up a new sore spot for you to have to heal over....sure did not mean to.

Closest family I have lost is my Dad and I was living out of state at the time and had two days to absorb it before I got home....then I walked into the funeral home and my big old cousin was standing there bawling and he grabbed me in a bear hug and I lost it too....but I talk to Dad all the time now....sounds nuts but i think he is watching me....I hope he is satisfied with my results...and not too unhappy with my failures.

J&D You will never hear from the happy parent.
Your phone will drive you nut's because little Johnny craped on the teachers desk and now is expelled.
Of course it is the teachers and school's fault it has nothing to do with the crack heads raising him.
You dang sure want to be out by the time your kids start driving. Seen some stuff you wouldn't believe in retaliation .

i guess my only hobby now is the computer.an here lately i havent gotten on CT to much.used to collect toy tractors an equipment.run out of room for that.used to bowl alot years ago.

I, too, tend to turn my hobbies into businesses, even if only on a small scale.
So while Remodeling/Carpentry Contractor & Design Consultant are our primary income I've got all this other stuff I do as well.
Gardening hobby turned into market grower with on farm market. I wanted to raise chickens for our own fresh eggs and that turned into an expansion of the market into eggs, poultry, pork an beef.
That all keeps me pretty busy most of the time. :lol:
At one time my love of antiques turned me into an antiques dealer, too. That got to be a bit too expensive when Ebay ruined the antiques & collectibles market.

But I do love to cook and experiment with food. I would probably turn that into a business too if I could figure out a good way to do it. :D

sim.-ang.king - I would love to put one of those traps on you and see how long you keep that sad little smile on your face for, do you think you would make an hour?

Trap a problem animal humanely, responsibly, minimize avoidable pain and suffering - I've had to do it many a time out of necessity but never have I felt so good about it that I found it necessary to post 'my kills' on the internet so that everyone could see the pain and pure desperation in the animals eyes.

alisonb":3c4crv9g said:
sim.-ang.king - I would love to put one of those traps on you and see how long you keep that sad little smile on your face for, do you think you would make an hour?

Trap a problem animal humanely, responsibly, minimize avoidable pain and suffering - I've had to do it many a time out of necessity but never have I felt so good about it that I found it necessary to post 'my kills' on the internet so that everyone could see the pain and pure desperation in the animals eyes.
I agree with Chippie and alison. Although I choose not to, I have no opposition to trapping an animal responsibly and respectfully. Taking pics of the animals while they are in the trap and alive is neither. I was sorry I opened thread as well. As for those of you who would say "If you don't like it, don't open it." ~ there was no warning that (and I have always thought that was a stupid thing to say anyhow).

Also sim.-ang: You are a young man. You would do well to remember that opinions that are different from yours are not "wrong", they are simply different. It will make your life and lives of others who deal with you much more pleasant.

PETA shut down the fur export market over 30 years ago. I have not trapped since. $180 for bobcat was big money back in the 70's.

Trapped a bunch of hogs in recent years tho.

I also did not like seeing the live animals trapped. I understand that's part of the process, but did not like the pics. Hubby always trapped woodchucks, but used canilore (sp??) - killed them.

MistyMorning":23ta6vdq said:
My hobbies include the following in no particular order: Drinking beer, drinking beer than riding horse, drinking beer than cooking, drinking beer than reading, drinking beer and harrassing folks on the internet, drinking beer than going to sleep. The end.
good to see a fellow substance abuser on here :cowboy:

I for one thought the pictures were great, wish I could figure out how to post them myself. At the same time Angie has some good advice about wrong and rights take it for what it's worth sim.-ang.king. They are only animals and vammits that need killing anyway you can especially the beavers. Sim.-ang.king. seems like a fine young man and has a great future in front of him.

I want weigh in here nor there on the trapping. You probably don't help the hobby posting pics on the net. Chippie is a real sweetheart to.

Bigfoot":2ijqc1l9 said:
I want weigh in here nor there on the trapping. You probably don't help the hobby posting pics on the net. Chippie is a real sweetheart to.

:nod: Lots of us have a major problem seeing an animal in that kind of distress. It seems cruel and inhumane, especially when there is a lack of purpose other than "entertainment". :frowns:

Latest posts