Opinions on bull - go nuts

Help Support CattleToday:

i like the first pic. looking at his epd graph it shows poor weaning weight and yearling weight as well as afew other below average scores. he does'nt appear to have problem gaining weight so were the poor figures down to the fact that not enough of his offspring had been recorded.

HD, I never posted it before, but the bad feet were a symptom of the feed regime he was on with the new owner. I fed to grow, he fed to gain, indefinitely. I never took a pic of them, but this bulls front knees were blown out from all the heavy feeding. As far as I know, that bull was given about 3 gallons of barley/day for the remainder of his life...he was pampered.

This is a few months since he sold, but he was just over the ton mark, 2090, I think, and he went for 67.50/cwt or close to it.

Sporder, the new owner was a commercial man, so there were no registered offspring, and the dam of the sire came from a purebred herd that didn't keep performance numbers. The best numbers to go off of would be his own and his sire's, who was a common AI bull in Canada in the 70's and 80's.

Latest posts