online gun shop blues

Help Support CattleToday:

Jlane

Reaction score
I ordered a new rifle the other day from buds, and today they call and say they're cancelling my order because the pick up name and card name don't match and that they were going to refund my purchase. This pissed me off because I was hoping to have the gun by around Christmas time, but I say okay, no big deal, ill fix it and reorder. So I go back and look and the price has gone up by 5$, which made me even angrier because I paid less the day before, then to top it off its been hours since they called and still no refund. I try to call them and the only person I can talk to about my order is Microsoft Steve, aka a computer. I don't understand how they can immediately withdraw the money, but can't put it back in a timely fashion :bang:

They didn't offer to fix it on the phone so the name matched? You probably won't get your money for a few days and since you can't talk to a person about the price difference and now the time factor to have it for Christmas... I would look elsewhere to buy form. Then let buds know (email) you went elsewhere because of customer service.

Yeah..this will be the last transaction I do with buds. I don't understand why they can't process a order with two names, when its the ffl holder that does the background check. Both names on the order are completely felony and arrest free. Now they're saying allow 3 to 5 days for the money to appear. Went from getting a good deal to getting the shaft. I can't even go anywhere else to get it on time cause they've got my money tied up.

Do they have a facebook page? Around here, people have taken to facebook pages to get attention from the company. An example: OUC, our area electric company, would not reply to a woman's phone message, emails, etc. She went to their facebook and within 10 minutes she had a phone call, and 10 minutes later someone was at her door!

It is always faster to loose money than to get it. As far as calling, I always hit "0" when the bots pick up the cal.. 9/10 times this will get you to the customer service operator. I would find another online and see if the new company could give you a discount for switching or get the rifle faster :) some companies LOVE to hear bad stories about their competition and will go a little extra to get you to stay with them for your purchases :) I've told a few companies true bad experience stories and got better service from them .. like my truck ins company always raising my rates every year :( went with State Farm and am VERY happy.. helps I'm allergic to accidents too.. :) And my bank.. I was with Wachovia :( biggest bunch of idiots i ever dealt with... Went to Riverside and again got a lot better service :) They are now TD Bank and I'm still a happy customer. If all else fails look up the company address and see if there is a direct number to corporate offices.. try and get the owner.president on the phone..not as hard as you would think.. .good luck on this :) big hugs you get this fixed before Christmas :)

Different names and different addresses create a red flag. FIrst thought is it is a straw purchase which would cause them to lose their license.

Yeah, that was their issue. I figured it was the local shops responsibility to background check the purchaser and after that its your problem if you give the weapon to a felon. As of, still waiting for the money.... probably won't see it till Monday.

I never used Bud's but have had good luck with Gun Genie. I understand their part about protecting their license, like others have said refunds seem to take longer that a debit. Bud's has a good reputation here in KY, have you emailed them?

Latest posts