One Question Quiz

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":sn1wzqoi said:
HS...most of the Inquisitions were state run although the church also had them but they were relatively "tame" compared to the state run inquisitions. That in itself would be a good read for someone who soaks up knowledge like you. Just make sure it's written by experts on the subject and not religious idiots (Whether Catholic or Protestant)

I appreciate your input TB as always. It is interesting how the historical texts all have text in common, but they deviate. Sometimes, the obvious is not so obvious. For example, consuming blood. What does the Roman Catholic Church write about Star Fire and how does this deviate from others?

TB...what do you think about this photo....notice the head piece....the image on the left is the fish god Oannes (Nimrod) and the Pope on the right. Cooindicence?
matrix14_04.jpg

Here is another showing similarities...the Christian Mother Mary and Jesus, the Egyptian Isis and Horus, and the Babylonian Queen Semiramis and Tammuz....Cooincidence?
matrix14_05.jpg

HerefordSire":xmcez04w said:
TexasBred":xmcez04w said:
HS...most of the Inquisitions were state run although the church also had them but they were relatively "tame" compared to the state run inquisitions. That in itself would be a good read for someone who soaks up knowledge like you. Just make sure it's written by experts on the subject and not religious idiots (Whether Catholic or Protestant)

I appreciate your input TB as always. It is interesting how the historical texts all have text in common, but they deviate. Sometimes, the obvious is not so obvious. For example, consuming blood. What does the Roman Catholic Church write about Star Fire and how does this deviate from others?

HS. The Catholic Church has no "official" teaching on consuming blood that I am aware of other than what I would consider the "normal" understanding that none of us should consume "Human" blood especially in natural form. The "Real Presence" of Christ in the Eucharist is a whole other story as the blood of Christ IS present in the Eucharist sacramentally. Volumes and volumes have been written on that subject and it's as deep as understanding "The Trinity".

HerefordSire":9o4un3yk said:
TB...what do you think about this photo....notice the head piece....the image on the left is the fish god Oannes (Nimrod) and the Pope on the right. Cooindicence?
matrix14_04.jpg

HS....Purely coincidence....mitre was not common until the 10thor 11th century although various "caps" have been worn thoughout the ages...The Mitre is a symbol of the bishops' authority as the head and spiritual pastor of a diocese. The Pope is the Bishop of the Diocese of Rome. All bishops and cardinals as well as the Pope have mitres. Under certain circumstance they may also be given to certain other priests on rare occasion.

HerefordSire":1qosxu6m said:
Here is another showing similarities...the Christian Mother Mary and Jesus, the Egyptian Isis and Horus, and the Babylonian Queen Semiramis and Tammuz....Cooincidence?
matrix14_05.jpg

To me it is nothing more than coincidence. Statues of a mothers and a child...were they worshipped?? Were they goddesses?? Was anything special about the child?? Was the child "God" in the flesh? There are many other coincidences as well...."the great flood" being one. I don't delve too much into what I consider pagan religions but things like this do raise your curiosity at times. ;-)

This one also a cooincidence?

dagon3.jpg

Note the mitre on the head of this drawing of the goddess Cybele and the striking similarity to the fish head of Dagon. Cybele was worshipped in Rome and was also called the "Magna Mater", or the great queen mother goddess, which evolved into Catholic Mariology. The priesthood of Cybele was composed of castrated males, which parallels the celibate priesthood of Catholicism. The basilica of Saint Peter's, according to some, stands upon the former site of Cybele's main temple in Rome. The ruins of another temple to Cybele / Magna Mater can still be seen today in Rome on Palatine hill.

http://biblelight.net/dagon.htm

Cooincidence?

ciboriums.jpg

At left are two examples of ciborium, in which are kept the Eucharistic wafer hosts of the Catholic Mass. The one on the left uses the Cross Pattée as a handle on top, and the other uses the four point cross within a circle, the ancient symbols of Shamash and Baal.

I assume what is the "sungod image" is just that. The one on the miter and the pallium is a "cross". There are six on the pallium. The cross on the communion cup appears to be a simple Celtic cross....a cross may be in many forms. The only mention I've ever heard of the sun in the Church it was spelled "Son" and the meaning was understood by all.

Here's a link I ran across concerning symbolism which might be interesting to all:

http://whitewashedfeminist.com/2008/07/ ... symbolism/

TexasBred":1hx5yx95 said:
I assume what is the "sungod image" is just that. The one on the miter and the pallium is a "cross". There are six on the pallium. The cross on the communion cup appears to be a simple Celtic cross....a cross may be in many forms. The only mention I've ever heard of the sun in the Church it was spelled "Son" and the meaning was understood by all.

Here's a link I ran across concerning symbolism which might be interesting to all:

http://whitewashedfeminist.com/2008/07/ ... symbolism/

That was a good rebuttal link TB. I enjoyed reading it.

HerefordSire":3tv8mmc3 said:
This one also a cooincidence?

dagon3.jpg

Note the mitre on the head of this drawing of the goddess Cybele and the striking similarity to the fish head of Dagon. Cybele was worshipped in Rome and was also called the "Magna Mater", or the great queen mother goddess, which evolved into Catholic Mariology. The priesthood of Cybele was composed of castrated males, which parallels the celibate priesthood of Catholicism. The basilica of Saint Peter's, according to some, stands upon the former site of Cybele's main temple in Rome. The ruins of another temple to Cybele / Magna Mater can still be seen today in Rome on Palatine hill.

http://biblelight.net/dagon.htm

Yep, pure coincidence...and the quote is incorrect as well. Mariology is the "Study of Mary" not the worship of Mary. Mary is NEVER to be worshipped by anyone. As for the priesthood, priests being celibate as a "practice" of the Church was initiated several hundred years after the formation of the Church and as a "practice" always can be changed. Even the first 39 Popes were married and many had children, however, none married after they became Pope. The basicala of St. Peter's is built on top of the "original" St. Peter's on Vatican Hill. Now there is no telling what you might find under that although there are many catacombs down there including the tomb of St. Peter..Perhaps there is a pagan temple underneath all that. I don't know...Throughout Christendom there are churchs built on top of what were previously pagan temples if for no other reason that to show that Christianity had replaced paganism in that area. Some even in Israel.

http://www.tacentral.com/architecture.asp?story_no=3

Latest posts