One fine piece of equipment.

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score

Not mine, but I bought a bunch of hay from a friend and I'm using it. Can't haul but 9 bales, but takes 8 minutes to load, don't have to tie down and takes about 90 seconds from stoping to dump and be going again.

Bigfoot":2n3hugll said:
I only 7 or 8 miles from a hay auction. I could really benefit from that.
They have done some tests with these trailers
IIRC you could haul more hay with one of these than you could a flatbed trailer hauling twice as many bales in the same amount of time if you were going less than 15 miles plus you only needed a tractor on the end to load with
I had a girl working for me and if the bales were staged in the field where she had a full load or two at every pile and hauling 3 miles on rough field roads and rougher county roads she could haul 200 bales a day pretty easy
Hauling a 1/2 mile with a person on tractor loading and a driver in truck we could average 60 bales pr hr with the hydraulics
Guy driving truck barely stopped to dump
Was the best Mothers day present the Gateopener ever got :lol: :lol:
She liked it better than the weedeater i got her the year before

tom4018":3bmx7cp7 said:
Bigfoot":3bmx7cp7 said:
I only 7 or 8 miles from a hay auction. I could really benefit from that.
You talking about the auction at Fairview?

Yes, i hear prices over there are pretty high this year. My dad has been a couple times. I haven't.

OklaBrangusBreeder":1dgh2f1a said:
I have one similar that is 33 foot long. Hauls 8 4 ft bales....

I have a 16 x 33 that can potentially haul 26 5'x6' bales if I had a bigger tractor.

I tie my bales @ 5'x5' and used to haul 23 bales with a MF 2775. Had trouble sometimes with the tractor spinning out halfway under the bales.

Now I have shorter hauls and use a 105HP Kubota mfwd with 15 bales on one level. Never slip a wheel with the mfwd.

The Kubota doesn't have the ponies under the hood that the MF had but makes up for it with better gearing and traction.

Latest posts