On Demand 4x4 Polaris ATV ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have experience with one but it's pretty well regarded. Much improved over the silly electric hubs that never worked right on the early ones.

"On Demand" means that when you push the button it remains in 2wd until the back wheels begin to spin, at which point it will engage the front axle.

I'd rather have 4x4 locked in when I push the button, and not have it engage after the back wheels start spinning, but the transition on the Polaris is supposed to be pretty seamless.

Not sure if our 06 Ranger has it, if it does, you'd never know it.

For the record, I have no experience with it. My Ranger just has a switch. But I never liked the idea of it until my last Chevy had the option. It was fantastic, made driving in bad conditions so much easier. You never actually felt anything slip, you wouldn't even know you were in 4wd except the fact it didn't fishtail out of control. Assuming it's similar, I wouldn't be afraid of it at all.

M.Magis":p1pwzaav said:
For the record, I have no experience with it. My Ranger just has a switch. But I never liked the idea of it until my last Chevy had the option. It was fantastic, made driving in bad conditions so much easier. You never actually felt anything slip, you wouldn't even know you were in 4wd except the fact it didn't fishtail out of control. Assuming it's similar, I wouldn't be afraid of it at all.

Ya its used all over the place. Polaris has had it forever. I think they say it takes less than 1 revolution of the rear wheels to lock in.

Latest posts