Old Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score

Did some shredding on this Ol gal yesterday it my father in law great grandpas. He told me this will be the oldest tractor you'll ever run. She still purs like a cat and starts first crank no matter how long she sits . I'm still young 25 yrs old I'm thinking about framing this pic think it'll be a great memory to look back 10 yrs from now to see how where I started.

I love old tractors. If I could afford it, I would collect them. Can't tell if you have an H or an M there. My gut tells me an M. Those were stout tractors. Antique tractors, can actually be cheap horse power and quit useful. I shut myself off at one, but that one is used almost daily.

Looks like a very straight old tractor, what brand is it? It has a bit of that square look of the bonnet about it like the Internationals.
\
Ken

My wife has a H that used every day for pulling spreader to clean out horse stalls. Good old tractors just limited with out a remote or lift arms.

Bfields30 said:

Did some shredding on this Ol gal yesterday it my father in law great grandpas. He told me this will be the oldest tractor you'll ever run. She still purs like a cat and starts first crank no matter how long she sits . I'm still young 25 yrs old I'm thinking about framing this pic think it'll be a great memory to look back 10 yrs from now to see how where I started.
And If your smart, you'll still be using it 10 years from now...

We had one of those tricycle Farmalls, don't know the model number. I remember it being used to operate a sickle mower and a side delivery hay rake when we were baleing hay. Later on when I was a teenager, my dad used it used exclusively to pull a feed mill to grind corn for hog feed. It had a highway gear, I think it was 6th gear. It would really go, probably 30 mph in that top gear. Had to be rolling downhill to even get started in it. It's miraculous I didn't get myself killed when it needed gas and I drove it two miles down the dirt road to the gas pump to fill it up.

The way things are looking those old tractor maybe what farmers have to use in the future. The EPA additions on the new ones, combined with price and low priced farm products it is either use old tractors or go out of business. For the jobs they can do I will take an older tractor rather than sink 50k in a 50-60hp new one.

Except you can buy a new John Deere with zero financing and sell it two years later for more than you paid for it.

jltrent said:
The way things are looking those old tractor maybe what farmers have to use in the future. The EPA additions on the new ones, combined with price and low priced farm products it is either use old tractors or go out of business. For the jobs they can do I will take an older tractor rather than sink 50k in a 50-60hp new one.

Yeah. Older tractors are really holding their value. Same with diesel trucks. Not many people want to deal with the new crap.

Been spending some time in a JD 4430 lately. I get along with it fine. Amazing how quiet the cab is considering how old the tractor is.

Bfields30 said:
ga.prime said:
Except you can buy a new John Deere with zero financing and sell it two years later for more than you paid for it.
Is that for alll the John Deere's or certain ones

I don't know, but it's easy to find out. See what a new one of whichever model you're interested in costs and then google search prices for used tractors of that same model. That's what I did when I bought a new 5075E two years ago and every similarly equipped used 5075E I looked at (used 1 or 2 years) was listed at a higher price than I paid for a brand new one and I got zero financing and full warranty which you will not get with a used tractor. John Deere insurance (which will be required if you finance) is really cheap too- about $20/month.

Latest posts