old dogs

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well our old dog is finally slowing down.so that means she dont get away from the house anymore.she has done real good for 17yrs old.plus she is still a good dog.we just have to watch her real xclose as she dont move fast anymore.

bigbull, puppies may be cute but they are a royal pain the rear. I will take a trusty old dog any day. Had to put my 10 year old heeler down from rib cancer a year or so ago. Ended up with a 3 and 1 yearold heelers laying next to me. Like having 2 more dang kids. I kinda can't wait till they are just a little old.

Ryan

I only can pray that Nikki gets to be her age BB ,enjoy and love her each and everyday ! :tiphat:

Every day let alone year we have with our Nikkle is a gift . Before her liver shunt surgery in March 2013 we were given only a few months. Yesterday we celebrated her 5th birthday . Another 13+ years with her would make my dreams come true :heart:

i remember them to.they have all been cow dogs except for 1 bird dog.i can still hear some of them running cattle behind my back.plus most of them pretty much made every step i did.

I like dogs best when they become mature. They have molded their personalities around yours, and they love more. I will be glad when Chewy reaches a stage when he is more mature and not so "chewy." :lol2: They are awfully cute when they are puppies, but so loyal when they grow up.

Just love, and take care of them as they get older because we are their nursing homes. Make their lives good as they brought us much joy.

I had a girl in PetSmart say that she wished she had a puppy because her dog was 8 years old. She looked to be in her late teens. It made me sad to hear it and I wanted to ask more questions, but I was afraid to hear the answer. I told her that I will be glad when Chewy gets older as he will know how to love me more.

Dogs have a definite destination when they die. Heaven. It is so nice to know that God made animals first as he is an animal lover. My Bible says that animals are living soul, and as Noah put each animal on the ark, it was a living soul.

We don't really know how things will be in heaven, but there will be no fences. Cattle and all livestock will roam God's hills. I have read many different ideas from people how it may be. I am not sure how things will be when we get there, but in my mind, if we have a house there, I want my house to have a doggie door so that they can come and go as they please. That thought is pleasant, and soothing. You will never have to worry about them getting run over or getting sick. And you will never have to worry about them rolling in something dead. :lol2:

I figured by the time I get there, that Rudy will have all the hair rubbed off of him from everyone loving on him.
I do hope that my three will grow to be old and still be healthy.

well this dog is allowed in the house when she wants.has comfy dog beds to lay on.plenty of shaved ham weiners and fried hamberger meat if she will eat it.chuckie she loves rolling in dead stuff.

I'm going thru the process of getting my mind right when I have to put my bulldog down. She was born without a right hip socket and it's always been just the muscles keeping her leg in the correct position. I'm noticing more and more when she and the lap dog play she'll start limping. I know one day she won't be able to just rest it off like she does now. Not looking forward to that day.

slick, I have seen so many three legged dogs do well, that I could not put one down for that reason. If she isn't arthritic, or has other problems, I would remove the leg if it was painful and got in her way. Watch these dogs.
I at one time said that I would put one down before I did that to them, but not any longer. Dogs are souls, and they want to live and don't care what they look like.
I added the link because the Youtube window was not showing up. There are several two legged dogs with front and back legs only and they walk like people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCpYt5I3lU
[youtube]1oCpYt5I3lU[/youtube]

Beautiful video Chuckie. :D
"Old dogs" are so precious. (But then, I love them all!)
It is so painfully hard to loose them. I tear up just thinking about it. But as Chuckie states, the thought of "reuniting with them in heaven" is what gets us through it.

Somehow our 3 legged puppy-dog swims and chases the geese off without drowning. I have a feeling he's not going to make it to old age though. If someone drives in the yard he's trying to catch their vehicle. We've tried using the shock collar, but my wife's bull dog catches him when he squeals. For being such a smart dog, he does some really dumb stuff.

Latest posts